It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:46 am

Free Newsletter

is it possible to lose some cellulite through exercise?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

is it possible to lose some cellulite through exercise?

Postby cheekymeeny64 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 am

i have recently started walking to lose the weight as i find it easier for me, plus its cheaper...unless your going to the gym and using a treadmill.
I have reallly bad cellulite and i mean bad, but most of it is because i have fairly large thighs. I wanted to know if exercising cn really help cellulite, and i dont mean banish it completely, but at least burn most of it off for a more toned look. I wanted to ask here because when i tried to research i found that some people were saying that it did work by using exercises such as cycling, running, walking ect...while others said its impossible through diet and exercise and that we are just the unlucky ones. I just want to have some hope out there, or if anyone has recently lost a lot of weight and noticed a difference in their cellulite (if they had any), let me know so i can get motivated to do this.
thanks guys :)

Re: is it possible to lose some cellulite through exercise?

Postby äirly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 am

I guess you may have alrady tried it, but I did find using a body brush prior to showering helped me with this. For those that dont know, its this brush thing (kind of like an oversized nail brush, using natural fibers) you use on your body that gets rid of dead skin and increases blood flow/circulation. Really 'wakes up' your skin. Does hurt a little the first time you use it, but you get used to it very quickly and I very much enjoy the feeling now.

Anyway, cellulite is one of those things that is dependant on both genetics and lifestyle. Some people are born lucky and just seem to have smooth skin - others have to work at it! :? Increasing the circultation and blood flow to the affected areas should help, and exercising and toning the muscle would, i imagine, improve the appearance of the area regardless of whether or not it directly affects the cellulite.

HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)

Postby Thinspiration » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes it helps reduce the amount of fat. However, the problem lies in the skin and collagen and elastin fibres, which get stretched and allow the fat to poke through, creating the uneven bumps.
[deleted advert] :)
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertisement.

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:31 am

I don't think you can banish it completely with exercise, but you can definitely make it look a helluva lot better. Big dimples can become teeny ones

Return to Weight loss Talk