It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:38 am

Free Newsletter

would like to go on Duormine?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

would like to go on Duormine?

Postby sar831 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Hey guys,

my name is Sarah im 28 i have 2 kids my youngest is 3 months old, i would like to ask the doctor if i can start duromine i have read a little about it and would like peoples opinion that have been on it, im currently 71kgs and 163cm tall, according to wii fit my BMI is 25-26 i have been trying to diet & exercise since having my son i was 76kgs after having him i have lost 5kgs on my own but now have hit a rock & its not going anywhere now, i want to go on duromine to help shift a few more kgs as my goal weight is 62-61kgs i will still be exercising & healthy eating while on it just want something to help it along, do you think a doctor will prescribe duromine for me? as i look in the mirror & hate my current weight i just look fat & hate myself at moment

has anyone had experience with only needing to lose about 10kgs on duromine and the doctor gave it to you?

my partner is going to doctors today as he wants to try it aswell he is 28 aswell weighing 136kgs just under 6ft according to wii fit his BMI is 36

thanks guys for listening to my story looking forward to your input :)

Re: would like to go on Duormine?

Postby cailea » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Most reputable doctors would not prescribe you duromine. It is generally used for people in the obese (or above) BMI category, i.e. over 30. It is a strong drug which can have serious side effects, hence why it is only for people who need to lose a large amount of weight.

However, your husband may be a candidate, depending on his overall health. High blood pressure or heart problems are 2 things that would rule him out.

As someone that has used it in the past (for 2 whole weeks lol), it is certainly not a miracle drug, nor a cure to weight loss. Like every drug it has a time, a place and a person it is suited for :)

Good luck!

cailea :)

Re: would like to go on Duormine?

Postby Thinspiration » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm

I have tried it. It worked well, but it made me look like an amphetamine addict (funny that!).
Also, when I went off it, I put on more weight than I had before.
[deleted advertisement]
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thinspiration, you're obviously passionate about your work and possibly good at what you do, but please read the forum rules about advertising products and services before you post stealth spam.

Return to Weight loss Talk