It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 am

Free Newsletter

im stuck :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

im stuck :(

Postby ebzy_a » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 am

i started eating healthy Mainly salads, grilled chicken, veggies and fruits about a week ago. in the first 3 days i went down from 67.2 to 65.7kilos. but i have been stuck on this weight for 3 days while doing 1 hour exercise a day didn't even loose 100 grams..

Also stomach feels bloated mainly because i cant stop drinking water these days.. I'm 22 years old and 165cm and my first goal is to be 62kilos (what i weighed when i got married)

Whats happening?? :((((((

Re: im stuck :(

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 am

Depending on where you live, it could be the weather. Heat makes people retain fluid. When you consider just how much of the body is fluid that can add a couple of kilos! I'm not sure where you are, but it's been around 40 degrees in Melbourne for the last few days. If it's hot where you are then just wait for the weather to cool down a bit before weighing yourself again.

Another thing that causes fluid retention is salt. Have you been eating much sodium in your diet? If so, cut down and see if that helps.

I doubt you've hit a plateau so soon in your weight loss journey. People do, however, lose a lot of fluid weight in their first days of a diet. It could just be that your body has lost a great deal of weight very quickly so you'll have a few steady days before you start losing gradually again.

3 days is a very short period of time. Most likely you'll start losing again soon. If you still haven't lost anything after a week let us know! It could actually be that you're eating too little for your amount of exercise, but that's a complicated topic that's best left for another time!

Re: im stuck :(

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi Ebzy, great loss so far :-)

With regards to the plateau, I believe in only weighing yourself once a week, same day, at the same time - morning is generally better - your body fluctuates up and down day to day, I have noticed this very much myself when the wii fit takes my measurement each time (often daily) it jumps up and down even up to a kilo per day. I drink a fair bit of water also and that weighs a lot, especially if you weigh yourself just after drinking. The body is a pretty funny thing!!!

Good Luck and Keep it UP!! :-D

Return to Weight loss Talk