It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

BETALIFE - Anyone doing it.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

BETALIFE - Anyone doing it.

Postby chocsuz » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:15 pm

Hubby just brought home a second hand copy of the Betalife DVD set and was wondering if anyone is following this. If so how are you going, and is it easy to incorporate into your day to day running of life.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Weight Loss to all,
Yvette
chocsuz

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:00 pm

Sorry mate I have never heard of it before..let us know what it is like!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:03 am

No I don't know much of it either. Liv on here was doing it so she might be able to give you some more info but I am not sure how often she visits the site now.

Let us know how you go.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Livy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:05 pm

Hi All,
Yes, I did attempt Betalife. I was unsuccessful at it, however I think it would work a treat for some people, and that could be you so have a go!!
I found that in the first few weeks, I went to the toilet (yep, number 2s) alot, up to 5 or 6 times a day, but that did settle down after a while. All that raw food... it like WOW.... your system gets a clean out. I also got ALOT of wind, and was constantly farting. (quite embarrassing and uncontrolable at times!!).
The DVDS were brilliant, that little song sticks in your head, and it's really exciting when you start.
The DVDs however are VERY long, and you need to set aside several hours to fill in your work books and listen to the DVDS. The information they give is just brilliant, and you will learn alot if you don't know much about health and nutrition.
I lost about 5kgs, before giving up and putting it all back on. I paid $300 for my program, and sold it on Ebay for $60. I am STILL paying it off, and will for the next 6 months or more. They charge you to use their forum too, which just sucked when you pay that much money for a program, a total rip off.
I think that Betalife is designed for people who are eating really badly (lots of starches, highly refined and processed foods), and not doing any form of excercise. The program really is designed for BIG people (I am 30kgs overweight). But, if you eat a relatively good diet, and excercise frequently, and only need to lose a few kgs, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

It seems that many, many people succeed on it, however the girl I did it with stuck to it religiously and lost no weight, and I lost 5kgs then put it all back on.

See how you go. You can only try, what have you got to lose??
Liv x
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:07 pm

that sounds like great advice liv, thanks for the info, i had always seen i advertised but never knew what was involved.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:10 pm

Thanks for that Liv....that is sometimes the only way to find out about something is to attempt it yourself!! Don't give up mate...eat healthy and exercise regularly and you will see the difference!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Livy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks Alley and Kate, I am about to embark on a detox (by the way, my ticker is wrong, I am back up to about 85.5 again) then try the southbeach diet. I will see how I go.
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:02 pm

definately keep us updated liv and best wishes for it all!!
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk