It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:20 am

Free Newsletter

Feeling demotivated

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling demotivated

Postby sizing_down » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I seem to be stuck about 13kg from where I want to be.

The last few weeks I've been watching my food intake (counting points) and I've been doing quite a reasonable amount of exercise (40mins aerobics a day) but it doesn't seem to be paying off. I'd increased my exercise in that time quite significantly so it's not that I'm not doing enough exercise anymore.
I could be gaining muscle... but I'm not convinced.

Would just like some encouragement.

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg

Re: Feeling demotivated

Postby jessmeow » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi there,

Don't give up yet! What you might find helpful is mixing up your routine a little. Do you eat mostly the same meals every day and the same amount of calories? If so try adjusting your calories so each day is a little different (eg, 1200 mon, 1300 tues, 1000 wed etc) also try changing the types of food you eat around. Recently a friend of mine was having the same problem so I suggested she swap her lunch and dinners around. So she cooks dinner for everyone at night, sets her aside for lunch tomorrow and has a 'lunch' meal for dinner. So far it has helped her!

Also, try different types of exercise than just what you're doing. If you go to a gym try using different machines or using them in a different order. If you're at home try getting a new dvd to work out with or something (the Biggest Loser dvds are great). Mixing it up should get you going again.

Good luck!! :D

Return to Weight loss Talk