It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet shakes

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet shakes

Postby jessmeow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to loose a little more weight each week for a up and coming event. At the moment I seem to be able to loose 1kg per week quiet consistantly (which is awesome!) the annoying thing is it doesn't seem to matter how much extra exercise I do, I still only loose 1kg.. SO I was thinking about going on a shake diet (either BLC or celebrity slim) for a week or so.

Do you think this would help me loose a little more? I'm not sure because I think the whole reason behind shake diets is that they control your calorie intake and I'm already doing that so would they even make any difference?

Thanks for any advice! :D

Re: Diet shakes

Postby nature » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:18 pm

It’s very important to understand that a diet shake is only one component of a diet plan.
I’ve lost over 60 pounds using a diet shake as part of my weight loss program, so I am definitely a consumer of a lot of shakes.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising links in signatures are not allowed.

Postby onthedecrease » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Honestly if you're already losing 1kg a week I wouldn't bother... they are not a universal panacea and won't make you drop weight any quicky..1200 calories is still 1200 calories regardless on where the calories come from - I'd stick with what you're doing... (im on TF so im not anti-shakes in any way)

Postby jessmeow » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking about the calories not mattering whether they're from real food or shakes. I'm not going to worry about shakes for the time being now.

Postby shawn5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:35 pm

As jogging or running is the mother of all exercises . So i personally suggest if a person runs 3 to 4 kilometers daily diffidently your weight will be less up to some extent. Secondly diet shake plays importantly role in loosing weight because all of our body needs is on diet. so in case of balance diet like diet shakes off course a person can loose a weight. so i am in favor to take a diet shakes.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam sig

Postby SmittenKitten » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:10 am

Maybe see what nutrients a diet shake gives you that your daily diet doesn't? You might find if it is full of nutrients & vitamins you are currently not getting you might get that boost of energy to go for a walk or jog.

Also try weighing & recording every little bit of food you consume in a day. Use a website like calorieking to get an acurate total. I accidently over eat if I don't weigh & record everything, I have also noticed on the weeks I keep track of everything I lose a little bit more.

Shakes are good as they normally come with a meal plan (e.g. tony ferguson) which makes it easier not to over eat & some shakes make you feel fuller for longer.

Postby calie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:08 am

Diet shakes are particularly useful for jump starting weight loss - most health experts recommend limiting weight loss to no more than about 2 pounds per week.
try this one
Yummy Banana Shake
1 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat frounceen yogurt
1 small ripe banana, peeled
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Many people drink shakes for the bulk of their meals for around three months and then to maintain their weight loss they will substitute a meal replacement shake for one meal on most days.
Last edited by court on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed advert in post

Postby sweetcharm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:53 pm

diet shakes is effective and at the same time it is healthy.

Return to Weight loss Talk