It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

An honest wist list, what does yours say?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

An honest wist list, what does yours say?

Postby SmittenKitten » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Just me & my keyboard after only salad, salad, salad, 3 cups of tea & a glass of champagne in my tummy....and a sneaky biscuit...shh!

I wish I didn't have rolls of back fat hanging over my bra strap
I wish I didn't have so much arm pit fat that I can pull it forward & go up a bra size
I wish I didn't have a stomach that looks like I've already had 4 children...I've had none
I wish I didn't have thighs that rub together so much I have an honest fear of friction burn...yes I've worn a hole in my pants :oops:
I wish I didn't have tuck shop arms so I could wear fitted blouses to work
I wish when I say I'm trying to lose weight people don't comment on how happy they are I've decided to do something
I wish when I say I'm on a diet people don't offer supportive comments, just once I would like someone to ask "Why?"
I wish when I wore shorts my thighs didn't scare small children or make teenagers snigger
I wish when I stopped walking/running my thighs would stop moving at the same time or at least be in sync with the rest of my body!
I wish no one thought it was funny to comment on my tummy as a "lava lamp" when I exercise
I wish my wetsuit for scuba diving didn't have an extra panel to accommodate my arse
I wish I could eat in public with out judgement or comment
I wish I didn't feel like the check out chick was judging my groceries, I buy my fruit & veg elsewhere...
I wish men didn't find it funny to comment on my weight when I'm out with friends
I wish I wasn't the "fat one" of all my friends & family
I wish I was healthy enough to keep up with my husband
I wish I was so fit when my friends suggest hiking or a walk I don't have to feign injury for fear of the shame
I wish I didn't have to walk around holding my stomach in all day
I wish I could love myself like my husband does

These wishes are the reason I'm trying so very hard to get fit & healthy & lose weight. I have printed this list & stuck it to my fridge to remind me why I need to stay focused. Does anyone else have a wish list?
SmittenKitten

Re: An honest wist list, what does yours say?

Postby jessmeow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't have my own wish list right now, but I had to comment on a few of your list items.

I wish when I say I'm trying to lose weight people don't comment on how happy they are I've decided to do something
I can completely agree with this. It's silly really because obviously it IS good that I'm doing something about it but I still don't like it..

I wish I could eat in public with out judgement or comment
Urgh, I worry about this a lot. I don't even like standing in line to buy food unless they only have healthy food not just healthy 'options'.

I wish I didn't feel like the check out chick was judging my groceries, I buy my fruit & veg elsewhere...

OMG I think this as well! We're seriously the same person! lol I've taken to buying my f&v at the supermarket again now and I like walking around with my trolly full of healthy food. Just try and judge me, haters! lol

I wish I wasn't the "fat one" of all my friends & family

Again, agreed. I used to be the second fattest by my aunty has lost 50+ kgs over the last 2 years and I've taken her place. I especially hate it when she goes on and on about how horrible it WAS to be the fattest person at the party, in the room, in the family etc. I feel like screaming at her WELL THATS HOW I FEEL! STOP RUBBING IT IN! :evil:

I hope your wish list helps you stay on track! Good luck :D
jessmeow

Return to Weight loss Talk