It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

ALL ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

ALL ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Postby sarahkristine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:17 am

Hi everyone!

So about 2 months ago I went on Duromine 30mg, after reading all the positive and negative stories, side effects and taking about 2 months to make my decision.

It didn't work! So the Dr has just prescribed me with 40mg in the hopes that it'll do something. I did notice a kind of decreased appetite so hopefully this will work.

I'm also planning to do a "body detox" where I'll eat no preservatives, no sugars, salts etc, except that which comes in natural foods. So grilled meats and salads, fruits and such.

I need to lose 15 kg, and by losing 1kg a week I can do this by my birthday in July which is when my partner and I want to start trying for our 2nd baby.

SO I'd love to hear ANY tips you have! My problem is off Duromine I have a never-ending appetite. I also (due to past trauma's) have an addiction to food. I'm not huge on exercise either, I have a weights bench, and a treadmill but seriously, the treadmill (even if I'm listening to music, the radio, watching TV, etc) bores me to near death. I get off it every time in tears, I am that upset from how much I hate it! Not the exercise, that's fine, I just HATE being on the damn thing! I feel bored and trapped and it sucks!

So, yeah, any advice you have would be VERY VERY appreciated!
sarahkristine

Re: ALL ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Postby äirly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 pm

There is a popular thread discussing duromine in another area, should come up if you do a search ~ most of the posters have/had taking duromine and should be able to offer some insight for you :) Although I've never taken duromine myself, I believe from what I've heard that the higher dose has a better and worse effect - ie, more effective, but more side effects. I wish I could help out more sorry! But fingers crossed the 40mg works better for you.

As far as weightloss goes other than keeping an eye on your daily calorie intake I don't have mucht o add. A lot of the posters here, myself included, use the calorieking dot com dot au website (hope its okay to post that here?) and thats very handy. Exercise wise I too fnd treadmills rather boring, I much prefer a relaxing walk outside around evening, although its all well and good in summer but in a few weeks with the ending of daylight savings will be a bit harder :? Other ideas are joining a gym, if not for the equipment than for the classes, swimming, dance classes etc. I don't think there is activity to suit everyone, its a matter of trying stuff out and seeing how you like it, if it engages you than great. :D

I'm worried when you say that you overeat because of past trauma. I'm not sure how much help any of this will be if there are psychological reasons behind your body wanting to gain weight. Unfortunately I'm no use at all in this area. Is there any way you can resolve this issue?
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am

I'm not huge on exercise either, I have a weights bench, and a treadmill but seriously, the treadmill (even if I'm listening to music, the radio, watching TV, etc) bores me to near death. I get off it every time in tears, I am that upset from how much I hate it! Not the exercise, that's fine, I just HATE being on the damn thing! I feel bored and trapped and it sucks!

Go outside! The treadmill is excruciatingly boring, I know exacty what you mean. Find outdoor physical activities to do. If you have the time, walk for 2+ hours - it burns off a fair few calories, makes you feel good, and it's a couple of hours you can't be tempted by food for (don't bring a wallet). Or run (slowly) - you can work your way up to running pretty decent distances (10km+) in not that much time, which burns off the equivalent of about 2 whole meals (reasonable sized ones)... the key is just to run SLOWLY (you should be stopping because you're tired, not because you're out of breath - run at a pace that would allow you to hold a conversation with someone running next to you)... you could try joining an outdoor group fitness thing that has sessions a couple of times per week... they are generally more expensive than a gym membership but usually there is no "lock in" contract for them, plus if you're more motivated to work out outside with the same group of people each time than inside a stuffy stinky gym on yor own or with a large group of randoms in the classes it's definitely worth it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby sarahkristine » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks ladies!
I am in the process (or was until the Dr stuffed me around) of getting help for my issues. I don't think it's a reasonable excuse though, to be honest, I think I need to just be more strict with myself!
And, the issue with going outside is I'd need to bring my 8 month old daughter, who hates being in the pram not to mention to do a good hour or two I'd need nappies, bottles, food, water etc for her. It ends up more trouble than what it's worth and I end up stopping every 10 minutes anyway to pacify her!
sarahkristine

Return to Weight loss Talk