It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Free Newsletter

No1 Piece of Dieting Advice... What would yours be?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: No1 Piece of Dieting Advice... What would yours be?

Postby aena » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Eat right and exercise thats what they normally say. But the problem arises when you are eating right, exercising and yet you seem to be putting on those unwanted kilos...

Re: No1 Piece of Dieting Advice... What would yours be?

Postby lovergirl » Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Keeping a food diary is my #1 tip.

It takes a bit of planning, but I keep mine on a Word doc on my work PC, and on weekends i just jot it down on my iPhone then email it to myself. Easy.

I started out because I was doing all this execrise and not losing any weight and i was like stuff this, i'm going to go see a doctor. I figured I would write down everything I eat for a month, then take my little list to the doctor and he can figure out how come I dont lose any weight. I thought there would be some myseterious reason!

Turns out, I ate way more crap than I actually thought I did! A 'handful of potato chips' was actually half a bag, I'd eat a pavlova for dessert and convince myself it's ok because it was garnished with half a strawberry and a slice of kiwi fruit!

In that first month, I was thinking to myself oh crap if I eat this I'm gonna have to write it down!

Also reminding yourself how many minutes you'll have to do on the treadmill to burn off those treats.

Return to Weight loss Talk