It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 am

Free Newsletter

No joy...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

No joy...

Postby GinaG » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:17 am

For all of you amazing people out there losing weight (and there are so many of you!!!) what are you doing? Are you depriving yourselves of all joy? I just had a couple of weight watchers biscuits for morning tea (Yes - I already broke my pledge :( ) worth 1 1/2 points but is that all that bad or do I really need to cut out all stuff like that?
Gina
GinaG

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:22 am

HI gina . I learnt a long time ago if i cut out stuff completely then i crave it more and eat it . Now instead of a whole block of chocolate i and satisfied with just 2 pieces . I guess its just all in moderation . WW bikies are a good choice as they are low in fat n kjs so they arent as bad as say i tim tam . Its a big learning curve to reprogram they way we eat . I hope this helps u mate

Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 am

hi gina
ww bikkies are probably the best choice you coulda made in regards to having bikkies :) so dont be hard on yourself. as ally would know... lol i freaked out about having a red frog early on in my weightloss but i ahve learnt that every so often you need to treat yourself. i know that i cant have it every day otherwise i will never get to my goal. but i know i look forward to it more if i have it say once or twice a week. like the banana bars! moderation is the key.
kate_turner2000

Postby GinaG » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:53 am

Thanks again girls :D I'm taking off early today & I dont' have access to a computer over the weekend so everybody hope you all have a wonderful weekend :P
Gina
GinaG

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:56 am

thanks gina, you too! i was wodnering how your conference went yesterday with the yummy foods???
kate_turner2000

Postby GinaG » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:58 am

I did good :P Thanks Kate.
Gina
GinaG

Postby masm » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 am

I agree. If you try to deprive yourself of everything you will only end up bingeing in the end. Everything in moderation!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
masm

Postby Darren » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:21 am

I found that once I started to exercise & some weight come off, I never had the urge to eat treats. Since then I have occasionally had a biscuit or the like & knowing that the general trend is down it makes it a real treat rather than a habit.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Darren

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:13 pm

Hey Gina, I dont deprive myself at all!! Same old same old mate, if I want a treat I will have it on my "day off". Healthy eating and exercise is the way to go and treat are a part of that plan!! Have a great weekend
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:48 pm

I'm with the rest Gina, as far as bikkies go the ww ones are a whole better choice. Actually most of the ww food are pretty good if you ask me, just make sure you stick to the serving size.

Have a wonderful weekend. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:51 am

To be honest I have tried to much of the WW products as once I find a brand I like I stick to it (boring I know, but safe!!) If I fancy a bikkie I head for the Paradise Light range, but I will definately check out the WW now as they have had such a good wrap on here. Thanks guys.
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 am

Oohh those paradise lite are nice aren't they. I had one a while back and was surprised how nice it was. I rarely have bikkies in the house and don't touch the ones supplied at work as my fave are scotch fingers and Hello!! they are 91 calories....what the...I'd rather have my spicy beans thanks for around the same cals.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby GinaG » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:34 am

Ally - I've got to say I think Paradise lite are actually more yummy... I only had the WW because a lady at work gave me a few

BTW - I had a really great weekend but such a bad one in the way of food - I actually feel kind of sick this morning... to much pad thai last night :x

Hope you all had a great weekend & have a good week ahead xxx
Gina
GinaG

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:07 am

Thanks for that Gina!! I too had a bad day on Saturday, so I know how you are feeling...we need to just pick ourselves up and carry on our journey!! Keep going mate!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:07 am

Weekends are the hardest to try and stay good. I guess you just have to try and limit the damage! I wasnt too bad on the weekend but did eat sweet chilli philly and biscuits on sat night because we had people over for dinner! No dessert tho cos I couldnt be bothered making one!!! They didnt mind because it was a last minute thing to have a bbq. And I have this horrible feeling that I am slightly allergic to the dog......ooooooo no!!! She sat on my knee for about 30 mins in the car yesterday and about 15 mins later I thought I was coming down with a cold. So I had a little nanna nap for about 40 mins and woke up feeling ok. But my hands have been a bit itchy the last few days. I hope it is just a virus and not an allergic reaction to her!!! I wont be getting rid of her even it is I will just have to put up with it. She's too cute and has a huge personality. Tho yesterday I did drag her down the drive to take her for a short walk! She has decided that she doesnt like the lead. Once I get her near the front gate she is ok tho and walks nicely next to me. She's only 2 months old and has loads of learning ahead of her!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk