It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Snacking between meals

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Snacking between meals

Postby ranger 2 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm feeling really frustrated at the moment. When ever I go to the shops and I'm feeling hungry I find myself buying chocolate or other junk food to snack on. Can anyone suggest healthy snacks that will keep me going without putting on weight. I've been doing really well & have lost about 12kgs but I'm worried that I will put it all back on if I'm not careful. I want to walk more & was wondering if there is anyone in the NE suburbs of Adelaide that I could walk with.

Jodi
ranger 2

Re: Snacking between meals

Postby bjam » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 am

well done on your weight loss so far!

You could try planning a couple of snacks each day so that you dont feel guilty about them and you also plan to have foods that are healthy and tasty :)

what about a couple spoons of low fat yogurt
a celery stick with a tsp of peanut butter spread on it
fruit is always a good snack
perhaps 1-2 rice crackers with some tomato and cottage cheese

I also like to have a variety of flavoured teas on hand to make so I feel like I am indulging myself and have something to sip on without any guilt :P

im sure others will have lots of ideas for good snacks also!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 am

Have an apple or other fruit handy in your bag. Or maybe even just a few mints or similar so you've got something to put in your mouth until you can get home and have something better than the chocolate or chips. Or water! Drink water to fill that gap.

Practice some restraint. You can't eat it if you don't buy it ... so just don't buy it. Think of how bad it is for you and how long you'd have to walk for just to make up for that fleeting snack.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby lindtcrazy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:43 pm

ranger 2 wrote:I'm feeling really frustrated at the moment. When ever I go to the shops and I'm feeling hungry I find myself buying chocolate or other junk food to snack on. Can anyone suggest healthy snacks that will keep me going without putting on weight. I've been doing really well & have lost about 12kgs but I'm worried that I will put it all back on if I'm not careful. I want to walk more & was wondering if there is anyone in the NE suburbs of Adelaide that I could walk with.

Jodi

I found out that I really like raw cut up green beans dipped in salsa, the crunch is good, celery and red capsicum are good too. Some vita weat snack are good but 17 of them equal 100cals
lindtcrazy

Postby Marina_J » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Metalcharm,
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I utterly agree with you. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. Thanks for sharing this.
Marina_J

Postby kendra! » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Could I advise a left field suggestion?

Give someone a list of what you need and ask them to do your shopping.

That removes all temptation such as chocolates etc.

I did that for a month before I got used to my nutrition regime.
kendra!

Postby Castillo8886 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 pm

To gain a best weight programs we have to put a control over our emotional eating but there are also some different snacks helpful for effective weight loss such as protein bars, orange slices, low fat cheese, wall nuts, bean salads and sliced apples.
Castillo8886

Postby fatman2011 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Having a snack is not bad. The bad thing is you've chose the wrong choice of snacks. Try to choose those food with high nutritious value. Try to have a fruit juice or a fruit milk shake. It is a great choice also to choose apple or banana, or if you want to, try a fruit salad. Don't eat much, just relieve your hunger. Having a high fiber food, prevents you for feeling hungry for a long time because fibers can't be digested by our body and it will gives bulk to our food.. :)
fatman2011

Postby Steadam2011 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:54 am

Keep a good supply of water on hand -in frig or whereever you like and drink when you think of snacking. Snacking between meals is not a terrible thing. Try snacks such as orange segments, pieces of apple , slices of iceberg lettuce or cucumber, a dill pickle...you may need the nutrients and the water and the 'munch'. It is what you eat and drink and how much that counts much more then when.
Steadam2011

Postby FatFreeMum2B » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 am

Steadam2011 wrote:Keep a good supply of water on hand -in frig or whereever you like and drink when you think of snacking. Snacking between meals is not a terrible thing. Try snacks such as orange segments, pieces of apple , slices of iceberg lettuce or cucumber, a dill pickle...you may need the nutrients and the water and the 'munch'. It is what you eat and drink and how much that counts much more then when.

I agree with the above comment.
Make water your best friend :)

Exercising for 49 Kilo's
Next Goal - 52 Kilo's
FatFreeMum2B

Postby mymichelle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:42 am

Well done, Jodi... 12 kgs is great progress.There are tons of healthy snacks out there... you definitely need to lay off the chocolate. I recommend fruits, cereals such as granola, oatmeal or even cheerios or special k. Another great alternative are Kashi bars.

Definitely one of the biggest challenges after losing weight is keeping it off, and the way to do it is keeping your snacks in check...

Let us know how it goes, cheers!
Last edited by CronicBadger on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Sig advert deleted. Reminder: you have to pay for your advertisements to be displayed. There are no freebies, sorry.
mymichelle

Postby Linda Wooldridge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:07 pm

I personally love protein bars or muesli bars. You can get chocolate covered ones that are really low in calories and make you feel like you are having a treat even though they are not hindering your weight loss. If you are not trying to eat for nutrition when you are snacking then you can also get small packets of biscuits (like for childrens' lunch boxes) which are easy to carry around in your hand bag and generally low in calories because of the small grams. :D
Linda Wooldridge

Postby Colleen » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi I'm on the Lite N Easy diet and the snacks are yummy but very small. It shows how important the size of everything is when eating. I'm in my third week and have got used to the portion sizes.

The times I find difficult are Saturday and Sunday evenings. That's when I used to eat a bar of chocolate or packet of chips when watching a movie. i get the craving for snack food. One way I have found useful to substitue the snacks is chewing on gum. I can't put anything else in my mouth when chewing gum. Give it a try.
Colleen

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 am

I take oatmeal cookies if I feel like I need a snack in between. I guess, it's fine. No harm on my weight. Or maybe because it's oatmeal. lol
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg
wants2loseWEIGHT

Postby Colleen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Oatmeal cookies sound yummy I might give them a try.

A few people at work are now on Lite N Easy too its great to be able to chat and encourage each other to loose weight and stick with it.

I've written my goal weight up and stuck it on my bathroom mirror next to a weight loss chart.
It certainly focuses my attention each morning. I included both my weight and my waist measurement on my weight loss chart.

It will be motivational watching both measurements drop.

I've bought a pedomoter to measure the steps I walk each day and a fitness ball to increase my exercise routine and add a little variety.

Cheers
Colleen

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk