It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

Cold Turkey with Sugar

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Cold Turkey with Sugar

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 am

When I gave up smoking a few years ago I found the only way to do it was by going cold turkey. If I had one smoke then I would end up having another etc. I don't know how to do things in moderation. If I smoke, I smoke a lot. Coffee, I drink a lot. Ice cream, that's my main meal. Should I be going cold turkey with all sugarised foods and other junk food like chips? When I want a snack it isn't hard to choose between icecream and a carrot (or even an apple). Has anyone here eliminated the bad foods from their homes entirely? Or from your diet? It is also hard to rid my house of some of the junk food as other people here eat it. What are your views?
67kilogoal

Re: Cold Turkey with Sugar

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I did exactly that.

I gave up smoking two years ago also by going cold turkey and when I was planning my whole weight loss out I gave myself a free week and as of a certain date I treated it just like smoking and just stopped it all and pretty much only ate whole foods for six months. Combined with daily exercise the weight just fell off me. I am a bit easier on it now and have the odd snack.

I live with my husband and son and I do all the shopping so pretty much they didn't have much choice :mrgreen: I live in a remote area and only go shopping once a month .. if that. So I don't have the temptation of shops to deal with either .. if it's not in the house then I just can't eat it.
Ice cream was something that I loved but still stayed in the house but I just had to use the willpower.

Im' not going to say it was easy and that I didn't want to eat somethign crap but getting rid of the crap really worked for me. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Re: Cold Turkey with Sugar

Postby court » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:29 pm

ditto. i just baked anzac cookies - cos for some reason i have all the ingredients here. i didnt realise i had brown sugar here for years and i just found a jar. ive had 7 cookies. argh. i cant have chocolate in the house or i eat it - and i mean the WHOLE lot. bread stays in the freezer so it is too much effort to break it up to make p/nut butter and jam toast. we have no snack food except fruit, carrot sticks with hommus or raw nuts and seeds. there is no ice cream in my freezer, no soft drink here. i only drink water! sorry for the rant but i believe passionately that the best way is out of sight, out of mind! and if it gets in the mind it is nowhere to be seen!!
i wish i could just throw these cookies out :roll: :shock:
court

Return to Weight loss Talk