It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Free Newsletter

when did it happen?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

when did it happen?

Postby ohsoDanniella » Mon May 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey everyone, so I have happily weighed 62kg for the past 4 years however towards the end of 2010 to present i've stacked on the kg's! i now weigh 69kg and I dont know when or how it happened! I have found my body confidence has disapeared and I am not happy with what im seeing in the mirror. I really struggle with motivation, so i'm hoping you guys can help me out! I'd also like to hear any stories similar to mine and what you are doing about it?.

I'll tell you all a little more about myself, I'm a vegetarian so I do not eat any meat or fish/chicken I do however eat dairy and eggs. restricting food groups is very difficult for me when dieting (e.g carbs, or dairy, sugar) as I am already cutting out a huge food group by being vegetarian. I have tried counting calories in the past however I find i feel like im depriving myself, so this time I'm going to focus on putting healthy foods into my body and only having treats on occassions. I also need to learn not to snack when I'm not hungry! when the footy is on, or when watching a movie at the cinemas its always to easy to snack on popcorn, chips, lollies, chocolate so im putting a stop to this! I'm 179cm tall and I know my bmi says im in a healthy weight however I carry alot of extra weight on my hips, butt and thighs and for the first time in my life ive put weight on on my waist! I'm also a final year uni student and also work part time, I have a gym membership however I have lost alot of motivation in going to the gym and have found myself making excuses not to go often!

So i'm going to write in here regularly, let you guys know what im eating each day, where I go wrong, and generally how im going with things! if any of you are in the same/similar situation please do the same it really helps to hear other peoples stories! thanks!
starting weight: 72kg
First Goal: 63kg
second goal: 60kg
finishing goal: 58kg
ohsoDanniella

Re: when did it happen?

Postby ohsoDanniella » Mon May 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Hey guys so today is day 1: Feeling good (I've got an entire bag of chocolate easter eggs sitting in my room tempting me) not caving!

breakfast: bowl of be natural cereal, half cup of skim milk and a coffee with 1 raw sugar

Snack = coffee with skim milk and 1 raw sugar

Lunch = cupa soup hearty garden vegetable, and 5 light cruskits with 1 1/2 teaspoons nuttlex

snack = yoplait forme yoghurt, weight watchers snack bar

dinner = home made fallafel kebab, with tabouli, low fat natural yoghurt, lettuce and a labanese wrap, fallafel cooked in 1 tbs of ollo olive oil.

overall think im doing pretty well today, I know the kebab isnt the best dinner choice, however its made as healthy as possible and provides alot of essential nutrients for a vegetarian diet, much better than a takeaway one!
starting weight: 72kg
First Goal: 63kg
second goal: 60kg
finishing goal: 58kg
ohsoDanniella

Postby cailea » Mon May 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Hiya,

I'm afraid I don't have much to assist you with as my weight loss journey and situation are very different to yours. I can say that the closer you are to your goal, the more difficult it becomes and in the scheme of things you don't have a huge amount to lose, so realise it will take quite a long time potentially. I guess patience is key, I am having problems with that part lol

I do wish you the best of luck! :) but please be careful, 58kg for your height is verging on a scarey BMI figure of 18.3.

Kind Regards,
cailea
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNmRWop/]
[/url]
cailea

Postby lovergirl » Wed May 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi ohsoDaniella!

Well done on not letting the easter eggs tempt you! Looking forward to seeing what you eat each day as Im a Vegetarian too and sometimes have the most boring diet!

xx
lovergirl

Return to Weight loss Talk