It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:03 am

Free Newsletter

Tone it up!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Tone it up!!

Postby aena » Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Am I the only one who's having trouble toning up or are there others too? Last few kilos and this toning part is driving me nuts..Somebody Help!!!
aena

Re: Tone it up!!

Postby newyork » Mon May 09, 2011 1:39 pm

I've got last 3 to 5kg to loose, but when I look down I still see an untoned fat belly and inner thighs. Having done personal trainging for a few months, I can see improvements elsewhere, my stomach seems like it has not changed at all. I can't do a lot of ab work as I have lower back problems. When I finally reach my goal of 55kg, I will just focus on weights and strengh training, other than this I'm not sure what else to do! I've been told that to lose the flab, clean eating plus exercise is the only way. I'm on Jenny Craig now, so maybe when I get to goal, I should focus on a clean diet, free from preservatives etc. Hope this helps!
newyork

Postby aena » Wed May 11, 2011 12:02 am

Honestly speaking, I am sick of this whole thing. The scales won't budge and I am feeling nothing but depressed. I have had days where I binged because I didn't know what to do. All the training and eating clean didn't help. Its like whats the point of exercising, watching my calorie intake when all I am going to get is heavier. My body is not a machine and I just can't seem to focus on those hours at gym anymore. I so want to give up :(
aena

Postby KittyMul » Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 am

Oh Aena, your post made me want to give you a hug! I'm a long way off only having a few kilos to lose, so I can't offer much advice in toning up. It must be so frustrating! All I can offer is to say that now is the time to focus on what you've achieved and how far you've come. Your body might not be perfect right now, but it's no doubt better than it was and that's because of all the hard work you put in. I find it helps to think of it as a simple choice. You can give up, eat junk, put back on the weight, be unhappy and unhealthy or you can keep doing what you're doing, stay fit and healthy and eventually things will happen. It could also be worth switching your focus to maintenance for a while, and when you're feeling less burned out you can tackle those last few kilos. I hope things start working out for you soon, good luck!
SW: 121kg
CW: 96.4kg
GW: Less than I weigh now...
KittyMul

Postby Patientperson » Sun May 15, 2011 1:24 am

aena wrote:Honestly speaking, I am sick of this whole thing. The scales won't budge and I am feeling nothing but depressed. I have had days where I binged because I didn't know what to do. All the training and eating clean didn't help. Its like whats the point of exercising, watching my calorie intake when all I am going to get is heavier. My body is not a machine and I just can't seem to focus on those hours at gym anymore. I so want to give up :(

Don't give up! You can do it friend!
Don't give up!
Patientperson

Postby aena » Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 pm

KittyMul wrote:Oh Aena, your post made me want to give you a hug! I'm a long way off only having a few kilos to lose, so I can't offer much advice in toning up. It must be so frustrating! All I can offer is to say that now is the time to focus on what you've achieved and how far you've come. Your body might not be perfect right now, but it's no doubt better than it was and that's because of all the hard work you put in. I find it helps to think of it as a simple choice. You can give up, eat junk, put back on the weight, be unhappy and unhealthy or you can keep doing what you're doing, stay fit and healthy and eventually things will happen. It could also be worth switching your focus to maintenance for a while, and when you're feeling less burned out you can tackle those last few kilos. I hope things start working out for you soon, good luck!

Thanks Kitty..

I am struggling to have a binge free day. My body is all swollen and puffed up. I can't exercise all that much because of the soreness. Don't know what am doing. :(
aena

Return to Weight loss Talk