It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:38 am

Free Newsletter

Am I eating too much?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Am I eating too much?

Postby missimperfection » Mon May 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Breakfast:
Protein pancake with organic strawberry jam (? cals)
Fat free hot chocolate (50 cals)

Lunch:
Apple (100 cals)
5 almonds (? cals)
5 cashews (? cals)

Dinner:
Thai vegetable, chicken and cashew stir fry (? cals)
Coconut rice (? cals)
1 chicken satay stick (? cals)
Fat free hot chocolate (50 cals)
missimperfection

Re: Am I eating too much?

Postby bjam » Mon May 16, 2011 8:47 pm

try myfitnesspal - free site that allows you to search for common foods and recipes or create your own by adding up the ingredients used and shows you calories.

impossible to say if that is too much or too little as it is so dependent on serving size - rice can quickly add up as can meats and SAUCES!!! (coconut milk and satay sauces are going to be high cal)

if these are small to med serving sizes I would guess you are probably consuming very few cals... (100g meat, not much sauce, 1/2c-1c rice...) but it is also important not to go too crazy and starve oneself - it is less likely to be something you can do for any length of time and also slows the metabolism so weight loss is harder than it needs to be :|

but if you dont want to count cals just try eating smart - your day looks pretty good, i would try to get another piece of fruit in there and more vegies - with your meats aim for small portions (I have 100g, dont know what other people have) with lots of veg and a small serve of rice (I work off 1/2-3/4c cooked usually) and as I said - be careful of sauces! By all means, have them, experiment with making your own for meat and veg etc... just watch what is going in!

dont know if that was any help - best of luck :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby Patientperson » Mon May 16, 2011 8:48 pm

What is your height and age?
Your food seems too little to be honest, is it even 1000 calories altogether?
Don't give up!
Patientperson

Postby Metalcharm » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't think you're eating enough either!
Go to a site like myfitnesspal and find out how much you should be eating. If you want to lose weight it will give you an idea of how many calories a day you should ideally be on.
To keep your metabolism ticking along through the day you should be spreading out your meals and having healthy snacks.

If you kept eating at a low intake you run the danger of going into starvation mode and your body will be fighting to keep hold of the fat instead of letting it go.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby sweetcharm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:38 pm

for me, i have a fit BMI but need more weight a little. Still on the range.
sweetcharm

Postby fatman2011 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Please give us some infos, so that I can tell you if you eat too much.
Please give your age, weight and height, in order to determine your proper diet.
Tell also how often you exercise, is it in a regular basis? hard work-out? moderate exercise?
Those infos will help, in giving the proper advice, so that you will look strong and healthy.
Please answer those question.. 8)8)8)
fatman2011

Postby FatFreeMum2B » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:46 am

I agree, Looks like your not eating enough.
Definably try adding some more fruit and even some rice crackers as a snack.

Try not to get to caught up on the calories in things also although counting them can be helpful and beneficial it can also not be very accurate as you need to take a look at other important factors of foods such as sodium, something high in sodium can be only 100 cals but still not very good for you cause the salt in it is way to high so take a look at all the table when looking for the calories in that food item.

With your hot chocolate do you add sugar? It may be fat free but too much sugar isn't good for weight loss either.
Maybe try swapping your morning hot chocolate for a freshly squeezed OJ or green tea and have a hot chocolate at night as a dessert.

Good luck :)

Exercising for 49 Kilo's
Next Goal - 52 Kilo's
FatFreeMum2B

Return to Weight loss Talk