It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercising in the Morning

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Exercising in the Morning

Postby haris » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:05 am

My daily routine of morning exercise is walking and jogging i feel very good all the day. This is the way which you improve your body.
haris

Postby Castillo8886 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Frankly speaking I never forget morning exercise because I have already habituated for it.So exercising in the morning have been playing an essential role in my life due to my fitness purpose.
Castillo8886

Postby ladysophie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Exercise in the morning before I go to work, you have got to be kidding, I find it hard enough trying to get up for work in the morning never mind getting up even earlier to do excercise, I wish I could but its just not in my nature I love my sleep to much! So I do an hour or two at gym after work!
ladysophie

Postby Steadam2011 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 am

The morning is usually considered to be the best time to workout, but it doesn't really matter that much. My mornings are usually pretty hectic so I find it easier to workout in the evening after I'm home from work. Whichever time works best for you is when you should workout.
Steadam2011

Postby Mandous » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Morning Exercise make you happier and more relaxed than you were before you worked out. Regular physical activity can even help prevent depression and high blood pressure. Exercise help in burn calories. The more intense the workout, the more calories you burn, and make easier to keep your weight under control.
Mandous
Mandous

Postby Sassyt » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 pm

I don't really think it matters what time one chooses to exercise. I personally prefer the mornings because I never miss it unintentionally since after work for me chances are I could have somewhere 2 be unplanned and I get 2 miss my work out. I am now used 2 my morning work outs Ill never be able 2 do the afternoons/evenings!

I heard it has been proven that people that exercise in the morning are more likely 2 stick with it than those that prefer the afternoon. I am a living proof, I been doing it 5 tyms a week for 6 months non stop now as opposed to the last 2 years when I was staying with my daugther and had no choice but to do it in the evening!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby workoutdvdworld » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 pm

I think it does depend on what you've eaten the day before as well. If you have a lot of glycogen stored in your muscles you are less likely to get fatigued, but if you had an early dinner and not many carbs, you might need to eat something 30-60 minutes before you exercise.
I find that if I don't exercise within a couple of hours of getting up I get hungrier and hungrier and then I don't perform as well. If that happens I do have something small to eat, or even a large coffee with plenty of milk, which gives me enough energy boost to get through the workout.
I know of some people who have a small protein shake a little while before working out.
I think overall you just have to listen to your body! :D
workoutdvdworld

Postby raymondebontrager » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 am

KittyMul wrote:So, everyone says that's it's best to exercise in the morning because it boosts your metabolism for the day and all that. I'm all for metabolism boosting so I've been trying to take my exercise in the morning. However, I've noticed that I always feel quite stiff in the mornings, especially around my hips, and everything seems like so much more effort. I did a bit of analysis on Run Keeper and my average speed is nearly a whole km/hour less when I walk in the morning versus the afternoon! So I have a couple of questions I was hoping you guys could help me with? Is the stiffness/weakness normal? What can I do about it? And do you think it's worth persisting with the mornings even though I'm burning less calories and enjoying it less? I would love to be in the habit of exercising early so it's out of the way but not when it's such a struggle :?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I think stiff are normal it just the normal reaction of the body specially if that routine that you are doing is the first time that you are doing .
raymondebontrager

Postby ryanphillips » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 am

Hey

Its great that your trying to boost your metabolism!! Boosting your metabolism is really important and can literally make or break your weight loss efforts. Your basil metabolic rate (the rate in which your body uses up energy when your not doing anything) can be the difference between weight loss or weight gain so I thought I would write up some tips of how you can improve it :)

# 1 Start Your Day With A Healthy Breakfast

You hear everyone say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, this is true! Eating breakfast will kick start your metabolism for the day and it will also stop you from snacking half way through the morning. The important thing here is the time of breakfast, your level of cortisol (the hormone that helps you use calories to build muscle) is sky high in the morning just after you wake up, it won’t be any higher than this at any point in the day so eating breakfast, especially eating breakfast early will turn those calories into muscle as fast as possible. I recommend having breakfast within 30 minutes of waking and the 2 breakfast I cycle between are a 30g protein shake when I have to be out the house early and eggs (scrambled or poached) organic sausages and turkey bacon. Also note to optimize fat loss for the day you need at 30g+ of protein for breakfast. (30g is the equivalent to 2 hard boiled eggs)

# 2 Exercise

Aerobic exercise revs up your metabolism for as long as an hour after you stop. I always recommend short burst exercise in the morning if possible, imagine your belly is an oven, by completing a short aerobic exercise routine in the morning e.g. training at the gym or running you turn the oven on so any food that goes in gets burned off a lot faster than if the oven was turned off. Ideally short high intensity exercise gives a bigger increase of your resting metabolic rate compared to medium or low intensity exercise. I recommend going for a walk and add in sprints of 10 seconds to every 20 – 30 seconds of walking or if you would rather stay inside and exercise, a basic cardio circuit of squats, sit ups, skipping etc. will really get your metabolism going.

# 3 Build Muscle

The basic formula is more muscle = higher metabolic rate. This is why a man’s resting metabolic rate is naturally higher than a woman’s, because men have more muscle. Ladies shouldn’t worry about bulking up by adding resistance/weight training to their exercise regime, all that will happen is your wobbly bits will become more firm and toned. Remember every pound of muscle uses about 6 calories a day to sustain itself while a pound of fat only uses 2 calories.

# 4 Have Your Drinks On The Rocks

In order to process calories your body needs water, I aim to drink between 2 – 3 litres of water a day to keep me hydrated, even mild dehydration slows down your metabolism. In addition to this drinking ice cold beverages prompt the body to burn more calories during digestion. Just by drinking 5 glasses of water on the rocks can use up an extra 10 calories per day without any form of dieting or exercise. Every little helps.

# 5 Four Hour Eating

Eating food more regularly can actually make you lose weight! Jim White, a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association says “The more frequently you eat, the more often your metabolism revs up. Conversely, missing a meal, or going too long between meals brings your metabolism to a crawl. Your body switches into starvation mode and your system slows down to conserve energy.” I aim to eat every 4 hours, this normal falls into every 3 – 5 hours because of work, another benefit of eating more regularly is you will be less likely to over eat at meal times or snack in between.

# 6 Spice Up Your Meals

If you like hot food you can speed up your metabolism by adding red or green chilli peppers, cayenne peppers or jalapeños. These peppers contain a chemical called Capsaicin which temporary stimulates your body to release stress hormones which has the knock on effect of increasing you metabolic rate which allows you to burn more calories.

# 7 Power Up With Metabolism Accelerating Foods

Protein takes almost 25% more energy to digest compared to carbohydrates or fat. By eating more protein at meals your metabolism will keep sky high throughout the day which is one of the best ways to help you lose weight, there are 3 food groups that super accelerate fat loss; a complete list of these food groups can be found in my free 6 day Fat loss eCourse which you can access instantly direct to your inbox. Just Click Here Caffeine also helps speed up your metabolism by stimulating the production of adrenaline, just limit yourself to no more than two cups a day and use cream (2 tablespoons max) instead of milk.

# 8 Get enough ZZZZ’s

In a 16-year study of sleep-deprived women published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, researchers found that those who slept seven to eight hours a night had the lowest risk for major weight gain, while women who got six hours a night were 12% more likely to pile on a significant number of pounds, and those who logged five hours or less were 32% more likely to gain weight. Sleep deprivation increases production of the chemical cortisol by approx 50% which in turn increases your body’s hunger levels and throws out the hunger hormones leptin and ghrelin which reduces your ability to tell when you are full. It also interferes with the body’s ability to metabolise carbohydrates and leads to more fat storage so try and get a few early nights if you want to keep the weight off.

Hope this helps :)
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted spammy sig.
ryanphillips

Postby nathanjbrown1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:20 pm

John Smith wrote:Hi dear,
Exercise is necessary for the healthy life. Morning walk and morning exercise are more effective for the fitness and activeness. It keeps us active through out the day

i just add something exercise cannot only loss weight but it also make your blood circulation in right condition..in short you could avoid also those heart problems...
nathanjbrown1

Postby jcamorgan » Sat May 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Your body has a glycogen store of around 1600 - 2000 kcals. Assuming you eat around 6 in the evening, this store will be somewhat depleted in the morning. Doing a low-intensity workout before you eat will force the body to dig deeper into the fat stores as it's primary energy source as the muscle glycogen will be too low to maintain this energy pathway for long. A morning workout also kick-starts your metabolism and will increase your metabolic rate for the rest of the day.
jcamorgan

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 am

Good one...thanks:)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby misk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:14 pm

I exercise in the morning because it means I am halfway done and have a smaller workout after work. I do tend to be alot more sluggish in my efforts in the morning but i feel better and more awake throughout the day if i workout even a little bit in the morning! If i've had an early dinner the night before I'll have an apple or kiwi before working out as well as a glass or two of water then have the rest of my breakfast afterwards. Eating my full breakfast before working out makes me feel sick.

Great discussion topic :D
misk

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk