It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Advice desperately needed!! Scales increasing!! :-(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Advice desperately needed!! Scales increasing!! :-(

Postby boonaz » Wed May 25, 2011 3:25 pm

I need anyone's help and guidance asap as I am about to crack - I am soo disappointed.

So I have been hitting the gym and eating healthy for the past 2 weeks (previous to this change I had lost around 5 -6kgs but had plateau so I decided I needed a change). I am going to the 6/7 times a week and mix it up between cardio and weights training, I also am doing 45 min intensive boxing sessions 3 times a week and a one on one weights/resistance training every Monday night. I have noticed within myself I have these weird spouts of energy, which feels great and I am sleeping better etc. I have noticed over the last week I have been getting these episodes of exhaustion and tire easily with exercise, I have noticed I am feeling extremely bloated and I am continually having this full feeling, it's soo weird.

However the downer is, over the past week I have gained 2kgs. I know muscle weighs more than fat however I can’t feel any muscle developing and I am just feeling 'fatter' and my clothes are getting tighter, so I have no idea what is going on. All I know is that with everything I am doing I should be seeing results and not gaining. I know it's only early days but I can't help this frustration.
boonaz

Re: Advice desperately needed!! Scales increasing!! :-(

Postby Metalcharm » Wed May 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Is there a chance that you aren't eating enough?
With that amount of exercise you really have to make sure you're eating at the right level so your body doesn't think you're trying to starve it.

Just a thought.
Hope you can work something out!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby brujoy » Thu May 26, 2011 9:41 am

I think you might not have enought intakes of protein via your daily diet? Protein not only can help you build muscle but also help you fight weight loss plateau and make you feel fuller longer. As you are exercising heavily, your body needs more protein than before. If you are on a diet, can't or don't want to eat more meat, perhaps you need to add protein powder into your diet. Hope it helps. Good luck!
I finally managed to lose weight fast & stay healhty and slim! I know you can do it too!
brujoy

Postby boonaz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks guys for your advice. So I have done a bit of research and got the advice of my trainer and its a bit of both of your advice.

So I am not eating regularly, I have only been eating 3 times a day spread apart. I have a program on my phone that reminds me to eat every soo often and reminds me when I havent eaten in 4 - 5 hours as sometimes I forget.

Another thing is I havent got enough protein in my diet. I went out and bought a high protein, low fat shake and will be having it after a big cardio session.

Thanks for your advice I truly appreciate it, I hope that I can see some changes soon!
boonaz

Return to Weight loss Talk