It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Tins of Tuna

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:44 am

Thanks for that Groovychic...I was always wondering if you could grow them in you use a particular potting mix??

Postby fiona » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm

If i put anything in a pot, i usually forget to water it and it dies!
My vegie patch gets a lot of water as i keep a bucket under the tap in the kitchen. My problem is, waiting. Waiting for the vegies to grow and be edible :!: but they are sooooo good when they are ready. no nasty insecticide spray on them either, yum yum.

Postby Groovychic » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:09 am

When I make up potting mix I like to mix with it some soil from the garden and some peat. Potting mix on its own dries out really quickly. Remembering to water is hard but that is why I keep them out from the kitchen window so I notice them and think crap I better water those again!!! I've put a few capsicum plants amongst the garden plants as well. There was a few left over plants after I had done the pots and thought may as well stick em in the garden. One has died because the dog sat on it too many times!!! The other one in the garden is ok tho. The produce rarely makes it into the kitchen at our place tho cos the kids sit in the vege garden and eat it all! But thats ok. They are eating healthy stuff so I dont mind at all.

Keep Smiling!!!

Return to Weight loss Talk