It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Free Newsletter

weight loss guide help please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

weight loss guide help please

Postby stevemac » Sun May 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Hey everyone,

I've currently got quite a predicament and I was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm a 18 year old, 5 foot 9 male and I weigh 73-74 kgs. I have a slow to regular metabolism and find that I can weight quite easily if I'm sedentary. I have been injured for the past 8-10 weeks with a torn sartorius muscle and haven't been able to run or do any exercise. I wasn't that lean to begin with (not like I was when I was doing cross country) but I've gained a noticeable amount of weight and wish to lose it and get lean. I can currently only do light jogging every 2ND day and I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be injured for (I have an appointment with a sports doctor in two weeks). I want to lose 10-12 lbs by September and I'm wondering if that is achievable with such a low amount of exercise, and if it is how should I achieve it in terms of calories and nutrition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
stevemac

Re: weight loss guide help please

Postby KittyMul » Tue May 31, 2011 1:30 am

I'm a girl, so things might be different for me - but I was recently injured and unable to exercise for 8 weeks, so I can hopefully help a bit there. Diet wise, follow the rule that the less processed food is, the better it is for you (the one exception is milk - skim milk is good!). If you want a calorie counter, myfitnesspal.com is a really great one. They'd be better able to tell you the calorie goals for your personal circumstances.

Exercise wise, take it slow and don't risk another injury by doing too much, too soon. I had a tumour removed from my ankle so I could walk at all for three weeks, and only a little for another five weeks after that. If you can do light jogging every second day that's great! If you follow a good diet, it's very possible to lose weight with that amount of exercise. Make sure you do everything the sports doctor tells you - they'll be the best person to tell you what exercises are best for your recovery.

Just to reiterate, the most important aspect of weightloss is FOOD. If you have a good diet, the exercise is just a bonus.
SW: 121kg
CW: 96.4kg
GW: Less than I weigh now...
KittyMul

Return to Weight loss Talk