It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Why Are You Overweight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Why Are You Overweight?

Postby jadendorff » Mon May 30, 2011 6:46 pm

You are Overweight – because you are eating the wrong foods. You have gotten overweight by eating the wrong foods but you can get Slim by eating the right foods. To lose weight is easy and you do not have to know how many calories to lose weight or to count calories.

Did you know that your brain controls the release of Fat Burning Hormones after each meal? Every time you eat something there are 2 types of hormones released into your bloodstream, and together they control Fat Burning and Fat Storage Hormones and these 2 Hormones are controlled by the foods that you eat.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted spammy sig.
jadendorff

Re: Why Are You Overweight?

Postby CronicBadger » Tue May 31, 2011 2:03 pm

I quite like this post. The question "Why are you overweight?" is simple and requires a simple and honest answer. We are often less than honest with ourselves, and will make up all kinds of excuses for behaviour that has a negative impact on ourselves or others.

The answer to this one is pretty much the same for the general population:
I got fat because I ate the wrong foods.

Of course there are other factors, such as not getting enough physical exercise, not enough sleep, stress, etc, but the main reason is still because of the wrong foods, and too much food in general.

The way to correct the condition:
Eat the right foods (and only as much as you really need).

I don't agree with the rest of the post regarding not worrying about calories, since eating too much healthy food will still make you fat.

However, IMO, anyone who finds themselves having doubts about their ability to lose weight for whatever reason, whether they have or haven't started on an appropriate course of action, should spend a few minutes each day reflecting on that simple question and its answer.
CronicBadger

Postby Fallonw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 pm

I am overweight because I ate to many calories whilst pregnant. Then continued to eat to much food.

I was never a large person before I fell pregnant. That was because I only ate to survive. I exercised everyday. I was happy with myself and because of that I did not have a lot of stress.

After I gave birth I hated how I looked. I was more stressed than I had ever been in my life. Having a newborn will always be stressful but my weight issue made it worse.

I thought it was really hard to lose weight, but that was all in my head. I had gotten way to used to eating and not exercising.

What made me begin to lose weight was how disgusted I was with myself when I remembered how I was before I fell pregnant.

All I did to begin was stop the soft drinks and the chocolate. It took 4 months for me to lose 15kg. Then a further 5 months to lose the next 14kg. This was because I kept slipping back into my old eating habits.

I did not include a lot of exercise.

I am now correcting my mistakes and eating my fruits and veg but also exercise every day with a bit of weights and cardio.

My overall aim was and still is to lose 40kg from August 2010 to August 2011.
Fallonw

Postby AdamGilchrist » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi,,,
Yes,I do agree with you but eating the wrong food is not always the reason of being Over weight.There are several other reasons behind this like
Obesity
Diabetes(other diseases)
Stress
Over eating(bad eating habits)...
AdamGilchrist
AdamGilchrist

Postby kendra! » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 am

My answer is I ate poorly (chocolates, breads, lollies) and hardly exercised.

Also I had a complex that I wasnt that fat...just a few kilos over.

You just need to realise that you need to take control and not sit back and ask what if
kendra!

Postby Castillo8886 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 pm

There are few main reasons for being overweight for a human such as emotional eating, consumes excess calories, lack of physical exercises and the most important factor diet aggravates diseases in which without consulting dietician people used to reduce or skipping their meals.
Castillo8886

Postby Steadam2011 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 am

being overweight, is not usually a decision someone makes. Sometimes a love for food goes to far, a binge eating disorder. Or maybe a medical condition. Some just don't care what they look like or how much you weigh.
Actually many overweight people try desperately to lose weight by healthy eating and exercise but it's simply not that easy.
Steadam2011

Postby weightlossnow » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Yes, love for the taste of food is a major aspect. But you can taste
it all without putting on weight if you follow the Serge Kreutz diet
rules. So easy.
weightlossnow

Postby Denise.Fitness » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm

People become overweight because of some factors in the environment that affects our body processes.In a very simple level why people become is due to the number of calories you consume. The number of calories you consume influenced by a combination of genes and environment.Genetic factors are the forces inside you that help you gain weight and stay overweight; environmental factors are the outside forces that contribute to these problems. They encompass anything in our environment that makes us more likely to eat too much or exercise too little. Taken together, experts think that environmental factors are the driving force for the dramatic increase in obesity.
Denise.Fitness

Return to Weight loss Talk