It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

When do you weigh in?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

When do you weigh in?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:47 am

Hi all :)

i know this is probably somewhere else on the forum but there are a lot of new members that might like to add to it.
was just interested in knowing -

*if you weigh in naked or with clothes on
*what time of day you weigh in
*are you scales located in the bathroom on tiles? carpet? etc

just thought it would be interesting to compare :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:16 am

I weigh myself first thing in the morning (after going to the toilet and before eating breakfast). Most of the time, just in my underwear, but sometimes wear my pj's (this is embarassing... but I weighed my pj's on my kitchen scales :shock: so I can just subtract their weight if I can't be bothered getting undressed :oops: Pedantic, or lazy, I don't know!)
The scales are in the bathroom, on tiles :wink:
SarahC

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 am

My scales are in the bathroom, I weigh in the morning before I eat, NAKED :shock:

On a wednesday... :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:46 am

i weigh in first thing wednesday morning after going to the loo. my scales are in my bathroom on tiles and i weigh with no clothes on. sometimes i weigh with pj's on and then check to see if its any different without them on :)

*thats a clever idea sarah, im sure other people do the same!*
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:07 am

I'm now weighing in about once a month, after a workout, in gym clothes, at the gym (so I can't weigh naked!). It's a pretty fancy/accurate scale, it's on carpet though.
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:38 am

mandie you COULD weigh in naked but i think you will be handcuffed and taken to the cop shop lol!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:46 am

OH yeah Kate, I think Mandie would be the star of the papers that is for sure!!!! LOL

I always weigh in around 9am (I find I weigh less at this time...tried, tested and proven!! :shock: ) My scales are on my polished floor in the dining room and yep sometimes I weigh in with just my bra and undies on ( :oops: ) but hey no one is here at that time anyway!!! LOL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 am

My weigh in is first thing before breaky and naked. I started out doing this as I used to weigh in on Fridays and I did it just before stepping in the shower so I continued the tradition on Saturday.

Although anyone weighing themselves using those BIA scales for Body Fat the morning isn't the best time for that reading as you are dehydrated. So for body fat I do it during the week after work, basically when I remember :roll: usually Wednesday or Thursday before the Saturday weigh in. Never sure just how accurate this all is but well I seem to get either the same or lower reading each week so I figure I'm doing something right!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:23 pm

My scales have the BIA for body fat too. I normally have a go of that after work as well. I find I get a better reading then because my feet are all warm and moist after being in my horrible shoes all day - yuck! Started noticing some lower numbers too which is good.
SarahC

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:41 pm

i weigh in in sat morns (most of the time i haev a memory like a seive ) in my pjs after getting out of bed and doing the morning loo run . Its in the lounge room floor on a mat ona polished floor
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby yummymummy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:55 pm

I have the same routine every day get up go to toilet weigh myself in the bathroom get dressed and get on with the day :o. Im naked and the scales are on tiles
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Hayley » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:18 pm

I have now moved my weigh-in day to Monday, to coincide better with Christmas, as Christmas day is a Monday and I want to be at goal or close to it on Christmas day - weird I know :P .

I weigh-in when I first wake up, after going to the loo and before I eat or drink anything, and I weigh-in naked. My scales are on tiles in the bathroom. I did try on carpet but it said I weighed less than I actually did, so I know that for my scales, an accurate reading is on tiles (hard surface).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Darren » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Once a month for me when I go to the doctors (to keep a tab on the blood pressure). That is heaps often enough, I don't think I'd like scales at home as I'd always be on them & probably getting discouraged.

I usually have an AM appointment so I don't eat prior & just wear shorts & T shirt.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Darren

Postby fiona » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:21 pm

I don't own any scales, i will not give in to the temptation of weighing myself every morning, how depressing!!!!
Once a week at the chemist is enough for me. Just knowing my clothes are looking better on me is pretty good :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:00 pm

at home i weigh in on Monday mornings, naked, after i go to the toilet. my scales are on the bathroom lino floor

i weigh in at ww on Monday nights. i dont have tea before i go. i try and wear the same clothes each week.

each week on a monday i record my weight on my mirror with a whiteboard marker, ive got my start weight and my current. its great for keeping track of how far ive come :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk