It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am

Free Newsletter

Goals

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Goals

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:08 am

I just had a thought :shock:

The thought is this: I was told a while back that "the difference between a millionaire and a billionaire, is that the millionaire reviews his/her goals weekly, wheras the billionaire reviews his/her goals daily"

The point being: The more often you review your goals, whatever those may be, the more likely you are to achieve them... or even exceed them :D

I've had my goals written out and stuck on my fridge for the past few months. I would have only read them once a week at most, but I knew they were there! (Just writing up a new lot now to go on the fridge lol)

I wonder how many people here have got their goals written down on paper? Does it help?

I've also found it useful to write out all the reasons I want to lose weight... just listing them all down. Then re-reading them whenever I'm struggling for motivation 8)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:37 am

Hi sarah

awhile ago i wrote here on the forum why i wanted to lsoe weight but i havent looked back at them! and i havent written goals or anything down anywhere else. its something for me to think about doing though.... thanks for the reminder!

kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:03 am

For me, I need a LOT of motivation. A weekly weigh-in isn't even enough for me - I just eat crap and then exercise the day before and hope the weight magically comes off!

Not so surprisingly, that doesn't work!!

So now I go day by day - I have the same goal every day, that is to earn myself a star (which I then stick on my calendar). A star, for me, is sticking to my calorie limit of 1500kcal per day, and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise. I first started this last month but for various reasons couldn't keep it up. However, I have made NOVEMBER my STAR MONTH, and my challenge is to fill up my calendar with stars!

It's actually really good motivation for me, each day, just to make that ONE day healthy enough to be a star day. And I know that seeing all the stars will motivate me even more!

We all have to find that one thing that motivates us.. it's different for all of us, but this is my way!
Mandie

Postby Ally » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:47 am

Thanks for that Sarah...sure makes a lot of sense....I might have to start writing my goals down and re-reading them a bit more!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:55 am

I wrote all my goals down as well as reasons and affirmations. I initially had long term, monthly, weekly and daily goals. I still have many of these goals now but I have prepared a new sheet for the maintenance phase which actually doesn't look too much different! Anyway, like Mandie, I have daily goals to do with exercise and amount of cals to be below although at the moment I am see-sawing a bit trying to figure out where that should now be...trial and error I guess. I find having goals has helped me a great deal.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

goals

Postby fiona » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:27 pm

I put up a whole heap of motivational messages to me on my fridge, along with my goal weight and what to eat and what to AVOID :lol: It has helped enormously as i'm in the fridge every day.
I even put little sticky notes on things i'm not to touch like biscuits and stuff. It really does work.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:00 am

:lol: I put sticky notes on food as well, and also write on some packets/boxes with black texta. I works only if I choose to take notice!

I guess everyone has different ways. Visual cues are also good... like cutting out pictures from magazines of people you would like to look like etc, so the goal is always in front of you. Myself, I'm trying to maintain my weight for my holiday that's booked for Feb, so I'm considering putting my airline itinerary up on the fridge :)
SarahC

Postby Kylie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:18 am

Mandie wrote: have the same goal every day, that is to earn myself a star (which I then stick on my calendar). A star, for me, is sticking to my calorie limit of 1500kcal per day, and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise. I first started this last month but for various reasons couldn't keep it up. However, I have made NOVEMBER my STAR MONTH, and my challenge is to fill up my calendar with stars!

That is a great idea Mandie! It gives you incentive on a daily basis to feel great and to be rewarded. I must just have to try it!! :D
Kylie

Postby carla » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:26 am

Yes I have heard that writing down your goals is the necessary first step to achieving them. That there is something about putting them down in black and white which is important to making them a reality.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby yummymummy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:17 am

I really like the idea of writing your goals dowm because putting them out there somehow will make them real, and easier to focus on- that so makes sense to me.
Jody :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Hayley » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 am

Yep, I like to write my goals down on paper too. I also have a print out of the pair of bathers I'm going to buy for myself once I reach goal, and have that in an obvious place to remind me of what I want to achieve. When I first started TF, I saw 2 gorgeous tops in a shop and thought - gee, I would love to lose wieght and be able to wear something like that, so I bought both in a size 12 as a goal to aim to fit into them after losing some weight. I now fit into 1 of them (with a bit of room :D ) and the other almost fits nicely, just a kg or so to go. That was great motivation for me and I had them hanging in the front of my cupboard so I could see them all of the time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Return to Weight loss Talk