It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Why do you want to lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Why do you want to lose weight?

Postby venyov » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:05 am

I need your feedback.
What are the main reasons to lose weight?
How does it affect you your weight loss problem?
Honesty appreciated.
Thank you guys!
venyov

Re: Why do you want to lose weight?

Postby yogibbear » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

So that Jessica Alba stops hanging onto my love handles? :lol:
yogibbear

Postby SamiG » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 pm

yogibbear wrote:So that Jessica Alba stops hanging onto my love handles? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For me it's about liking myself.. being happy with myself. I don't want to be super skinny but id like to at least like the way i look.
Basically i used to dread getting dressed because of my weight, clothes shopping was something i avoided. I want my confidence in myself back and to be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what i see
SamiG

I want to like myself again!

SamiG

Postby kendra! » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:52 pm

For me, there are multiple reasons:

1) I would like to regain my life....I don't want to let my weight dictate how I feel (ie self confidence etc)
2) I don't want my weight to lead to future health problems
3) I want to be able to go to the beach and be looked at for positive reasons lol.
kendra!

Postby Castillo8886 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Over weight are seems to be the most critical problem for any human being it is mainly increases the risk of heart problems as well as future health problems, and for me there are few different reasons for losing weight such as avoid to feel bulky and tried looks good in my clothes.
Castillo8886

Postby fatman2011 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:14 am

i want to loose weight to make everything in normal, so that I can say that I am healthy.
are there techniques to make it fast? I am kind of desperate.
fatman2011

Postby venyov » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 am

yogibbear wrote:So that Jessica Alba stops hanging onto my love handles? :lol:

:) My dear friend, if she is hanging onto your love handles then you are good. There are so many people who are crazy about her attention...You might have some magic here. Don't you want to shere it?
venyov

Postby venyov » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 am

fatman2011 wrote:i want to loose weight to make everything in normal, so that I can say that I am healthy.
are there techniques to make it fast? I am kind of desperate.

:!: Absolutely!
If you want to lose weight you need to:
1. Make decision – if you don’t know what do want you are not going to get it.
2. Put a time frame – sometimes takes a bit longer but if don’t do it will never happen.
3. Have a final goal - you have to know your final destination.
4. Eat 6 small meals every day – every time when you eat your body is working harder. Otherwise your body is on a mute mode.
5. Do some cardio 3 to 4 time per week – Your blood has to move around. So you can supply nutrients and oxygen enough and at the same time flash the waste out faster.
6. Start lifting weights – more muscle mass, less fat.
7. Drink water (hot water) – I don’t even need to say why. It’s vital.
8. Detox – If your liver is a bit messed up you will have to clean it. Liver is the only organ which breaks fat.
venyov

Postby fatman2011 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Thank you.. very much... well you said that liver is the organ that can help me break some fats. how can i keep it healthy? what are the foods to keep it healthy? are there any supplements? what are the things/vices that i should avoid?
fatman2011

Postby Steadam2011 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:43 am

One doesn't need to sacrifice a wide variety of food. Too many people do the first step of removing the foods they don't need from their diets, but fail to explore new and healthy foods to keep things interesting. Once you do this, it's not nearly the same level of sacrifice. It also makes it easier to accept this as a change for life than a 'diet' as I'm enjoying eating in different ways by experimenting with new foods.

But my motivations? My biggest motivation is my 2 year old daughter. She's a bundle of energy like I never new was possible and it's hard to keep up with her all the time. I generally avoid being in pictures because I don't like seeing how I look, and one day I realized I'm going to be looking back and have very few pictures of me and my daughter together while she was young. I want to be around for a long time for her, and I want to be less of an embarrassment for her as she grows up (parents will always find a way to embarrass their kids, but I can at least reduce that by not being the fat mom). I also don't want her to grow up as I did the pudgy kid all through school.
Steadam2011

Return to Weight loss Talk