It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

***The True Cause of OBESITY in the Modern World***

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

***The True Cause of OBESITY in the Modern World***

Postby tribaltrick » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 pm

To understand why modern civilization (especially in the first world) have such a HUGE problem with obesity we must first understand how the modern civilization was created. Please understand I’m in No Way trying to trash anyone here, but simply trying to come to the Truth on the situation. The modern world was created by ‘the conquerors’. Now we must understand what was going on in the minds of the conquerors to go and do such an act as killing so many natives and take over their land. When we come understand how the ego ‘Actually’ works, we can clearly see that these people were being driven by over bloated egos. An over grown ego in people is what makes them want to be a little bit too selfish, also be a little too obsessed with having control over other people, and also the need to claim that they are the ‘Superior Ones’. They didn’t just claim to be superior to the natives but also claim to be superior to other animals, like saying they are the most intelligent animal on the planet. They didn’t just love to have control over other people but also have control over all things on the planet by going around and rearranging plants and animal. Up until the conquerors, original tribal people left everything pretty much alone. And believe it or not, back in those days the way tribal people lived with respecting pretty much everything around them was the normal thing to do all over the world. Then came the conquerors which were driven by the urge to control and claim superiority, they were also selfish and greedy. Basically that’s egoDriven behavior. They’re just ‘a few’ of the traits of the ego when it’s a little bit out of control in people or ‘a’ person. There are more traits to the ego when it’s over grown, as this is also a deep and complex subject. So to cut a long story short, it’s the greed of a society that is egoDriven that makes people over eat and also teach their children to over eat. Usually by example, as children copy what their parents do. Plus the natural law of evolution, meaning that each generation does more of what the previous did. So each generation has been becoming more and more egoDriven every generation. It is clearly seen if you follow what modern humans have been doing over the last 200 years. And this promoting of greed is what drives people to over eat. It’s pretty dam simple to follow this pattern of behavior if you learn how the ego works and follow the history of humans over that last 200yrs.

So pretty much that is the Cause of obesity these days egoDriven greed. Please don’t get me wrong here, there is people with Huge egos who are skinny. Like I said, it’s a complex subject, but that’s the simple explanation. Also, it’s not necessarily the fault of people today as we have just been following what our forefathers taught us.
The reason most diets don’t work and obesity will continue to get worse because people (including people who run diet centers) don’t know how the ego works therefore they don’t address it. And as with anything, if you don’t accurately assess the problem, then you can’t fix it. Pure n Simple. : )

But there is another very important factor of how the mind works that keeps people hooked day in n day out on over eating food. But that will come out in my next book or in talks that I’ll be doing.

By the way, I have been studying human behavior for over 15 years and am releasing my first book on this subject right now called “The Art of Livin Simple” Published by Book Pal. In it I explain how the ego works. Should be at your local library.

Peace
tribaltrick

Re: ***The True Cause of OBESITY in the Modern World***

Postby yogibbear » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:07 pm

I'd say it's a bit of a simple argument to claim that "ego" and an overblown ego is the root cause of modern day obesity.

In the past people were fat.
In the past tribal cultures had fat people.
In the past tribal cultures DID rape and pillage their local environment.

Yes there are specific examples of all of the above that prove your argument, but there are also those that disprove it. So I don't think you can cherry pick a few examples and claim hypothesis valid.

It is modern day tripe that wants to cash in on subconscious "thematic concerns" such as wanting to go live in a simpler world which drives people like you to write stupid articles with ridiculous sweeping statements about every single "conquering" group of people over another. For example, you might argue that Australia's Aborigines are fit, healthy and lived a perfect tribal lifestyle until the settlers came in and dragged them into working for them, giving them money, corrupting them with alcohol and drugs and fatty foods of the modern civilisation. But you could also argue that aborigines had a smaller population density, lived a nomadic lifestyle, i.e. they basically raped and pillaged an area of the land until it was dead, then burnt it off and move onto greener pastures only to return some 4 years later when that area had regrown and was fertile again. In modern australia you can't do that as we have a higher urban population density so the only way to achieve enough food production is through modern agriculture. Also people can't live that close together without getting diseases, hence modern day sanitation and medicine. It's a fact that previous gen. Aborigines had a much shorter lifespan living their nomadic lifestyle, whereas modern day Australian lifespan is ~40+ yrs longer. Yes, I'm guilty of making sweeping generalisations in the above arguement, but I'm just countering yours about ego's making everyone fat.

It is ridiculous to blame your ego for being fat.
Blaming your ego won't help you lose weight.

I'm sure that there are very specific cases of people being fat due to their ego, but in no way is this a catch all "fatties" argument that would work.
yogibbear

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:37 pm

I agree with YogiBear on this one.

Blaming "ego" is a gross oversimplification of a complex issue, correlation is not causation. Also, "Natural evolution" is not detectable over a few generations, but social evolution is a different matter - perhaps the OP is confusing these two concepts? Regardless, my personal (and perhaps too simple) belief is that evolutionary psychology is much more capable of explaining obesity in a population (although not necessarily on a per-individual basis).

I also hope the spelling, grammar and writing style in TribalTrick's book is better than that showcased in his above post.

Still, it's an interesting subject and worth a few minutes discussion.
CronicBadger

Postby tribaltrick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 pm

for starters there is still people living in tribes and they are NOT fat at all.

second. egoDriven modren civilized people have forever been trashing tribal people and over dramatasing their small faults (just so they could claim they were superior to them) so they could feel ok about their disgusting behaviour of killin them and taking their land and slaving the ones that were left. and the brain washed their people to believe the same.(i'v herd it all before, your like a broken record... it is a fact the people just repeat what they have been brainwashed to believe by their teachers)... they still do it today to each other. they always blame others when ever they have any problems in their own lives and hardly ever take responsiblity for what they do in casing their own problems. look around... people are constantly trashing other people for stupid reasons.

third. there is a respectful way of raping the land and a disrespectfull way! there is an egoDriven way of treating the land and a heartDriven way. and while tribal people did what they did. they did it in very small numbers, wheich is waaaay more respectfull than the egoDriven modern civilized who breed like a vcirus and rape the land out of control. and tribal people all over the world always mainatined a small size and never grew out of proportion. that is a egoDriven act, to breed out of control.

i gotta go now..... but i'll be back...
tribaltrick

Postby yogibbear » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 pm

tribaltrick wrote:for starters there is still people living in tribes and they are NOT fat at all.

second. egoDriven modren civilized people have forever been trashing tribal people and over dramatasing their small faults (just so they could claim they were superior to them) so they could feel ok about their disgusting behaviour of killin them and taking their land and slaving the ones that were left. and the brain washed their people to believe the same.(i'v herd it all before, your like a broken record... it is a fact the people just repeat what they have been brainwashed to believe by their teachers)... they still do it today to each other. they always blame others when ever they have any problems in their own lives and hardly ever take responsiblity for what they do in casing their own problems. look around... people are constantly trashing other people for stupid reasons.

third. there is a respectful way of raping the land and a disrespectfull way! there is an egoDriven way of treating the land and a heartDriven way. and while tribal people did what they did. they did it in very small numbers, wheich is waaaay more respectfull than the egoDriven modern civilized who breed like a vcirus and rape the land out of control. and tribal people all over the world always mainatined a small size and never grew out of proportion. that is a egoDriven act, to breed out of control.

i gotta go now..... but i'll be back...

I actually respect you heaps for coming back and discussing your point of view. (Makes me know you're not some sneaky spam bot like a lot of the 1 post people that sign up on here).

I totally get where you are coming from. But, I just don't see how one's ego can be blamed for being fat. (As I said before, it's very likely that their are specific cases where this is the case). As a over-arching philosophical basis for modern day fatty fats stomping around in modern civilisation needing their ever increasing supplies of sugar to feed their ego driven impulses to rape and pillage and destroy everything while kicking back with a bag of chips chortling at a documentary about starving miltary forces in North Korea (just keeping it relevant), I can totally get the hook of where you are coming from.

But from a, hi you're overweight, you need to change your ego, here's an action plan/strategy on how to change your ego by doing a,b,c through to x,y,z, I'm not sure you'll see real results. Though any program will get results from someone who believes it enough (pseudo effect). So from that perspective, sure you'll help people that believe it. I just think that the people that will sign up for it, are not the type of people that would get a benefit from it. It'll be the desperately silly people that overly trust programs which catchy phrases and simple messages. Sure I don't want to ruin your eagerness to help people deal with trying to change their lifestyles, and any help that you give people struggling with obesity from your work is great and I totally commend you for it. I just think that there's a lot more effective ways to help people.

However, I'll take a step back and say I haven't read your actual book or heard any of your talks, so maybe it's all in the detail not explained in your post and maybe the ego and tribal bit is just the hook to get people to sign up or listen before you get into the boring details about required lifestyle changes and better nutritional and exercise choices.
yogibbear

Postby yogibbear » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Also, I wish this forum had an edit button so I could fix all of my terrible grammatical errors that are now stuck there for humanity to see forever...
yogibbear

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:35 am

> and tribal people all over the world always mainatined
> a small size and never grew out of proportion.
> that is a egoDriven act, to breed out of control

Just a few thoughts:

Modern affluent societies such as those in Australia, Europe, Japan and North America have much lower birth rates than primitive tribal societies. As low as 1.2 children per couple in Japan and Western Europe - which is resulting in populations that would actually be declining were it not for immigration.

This low birthrate is due to a number of reasons:
- education and employment of women means that they are withholding starting a family until after higher education and starting a career
- accessible birth control
- thanks to our excellent social security systems people no longer need to produce an extra child or two as "spares" to look after them in their old age

Primitive tribal societies didn't have the benefits of birth control, womens education, etc. So I wonder what kept their population down? Hmmm. Starvation. Disease. Warfare.

It could be argued that, today, tribal societies in Africa, the Middle East the sub-continent and parts of South America are experiencing breeding "out of control" thanks to modern Western technological innovations such as
- mechanised agriculture and modern fertiliser, herbicides, pesticides
- globalised economy, trade
- disease eradication programmes (malaria, etc)

Countries such as Egypt and Iraq have had population "explosions" and up to 50% of their populations are made up of under 25-year olds, causing severe disruption to societies and pushing political and social services to the brink. Yet they are still more or less tribal in nature.

The common factor assisting those out-of-control birth rates?
- Women are uneducated baby-machines (sorry about the generalisation, ladies)
- restricted access to birth control
- no social security system, and as a result enough "spare" children have to be produced so that some can support the parents when they reach old age
- Their societies have maintained an essentially tribal culture in which new ideas (birth control, women's emancipation, health systems and sanitation etc are discouraged)

I think it is more likely that the rapacious tendencies of humans are suppressed in tribal societies by attrition at the hands of mother nature (starvation, malnutrition, disease) rather than being withheld by some romantic un-spoilt natural state of humanity that never was and never will be.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Too long so I ripped out the waffle.
CronicBadger

Postby Sonya.Fitness » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Obesity is one of biggest health problems million people facing today. But you have no worries if you are an obese. You can work to change of being overweight or obese and you can start NOW! Obesity is preventable health conditions, so the sooner the change, the better! People are overweight or obese because of the wrong food they eat. Genetic and environmental factors also play a strong role in obesity issue. So begin your exercise and diet program today!
Sonya.Fitness

Postby alwilliams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 am

The culprit of the obesity epidemic is the white poison.. SUGAR!!
alwilliams

Return to Weight loss Talk