It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

Negative aspects of weightloss?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Negative aspects of weightloss?

Postby FairyFloss » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:00 am

Hi everyone...it has been years since I have logged on here last...so please bear with me if I make any mistakes or post this in the wrong forum :P

While I encourage and applaud all who have or are undertaking the massive journey that losing weight is, I am wondering how many out there are having relationship problems that may or may not be related to losing weight and the changes it brings.

My relationship seems to be falling apart and I think my losing weight has contributed to it.I have lost approx 50kgs after having a lap band procedure a couple of years ago. My partner is (and was supportive) but things are just falling apart. I am a different person and I have different needs and while the problems we are having have other causes, the fact that I am changing seems to be a big factor.

So please...any advice or stories or commiseration as to how weightloss has affected your relationships or lack of.

Thank you so much!
FairyFloss

Re: Negative aspects of weightloss?

Postby electrongirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:09 am

I have had this happen to me a couple of times. And in my case it was because my confidence had grown and I realised I wasn't being treated the way I deserved.

Have you really sat down and gone over the problems you are having? Are they really because of weightloss or is it because the dynamics have changed in the relationship.

Has your confidence grown? Is that making your partner unsure of themselves? do you spend more time apart now? Are you doing your own thing because of your new found confidence?

I have been in 2 emotionally unhealthy relationships and in both of them I started off thin and gained significant amounts of weight while in them. After a few years I lost the weight and became more independent, going out more, having more confidence, getting attention from other men etc. That gave me the confidence both times to realise I deserved much better.

Thankfully I am now in a very healthy happy marriage.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Castillo8886 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Although every methods have some positive as well as negative aspects as like weight loss which can be affect both physically and mentally, losing weight quickly can cause excess left skin behind and holds minimal health risk.
Castillo8886

Postby kaithsandy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Ya, I agree with you Castillo8886. in weight loss process one can get disturbed both physically and mentally. It is always needed to keep yourself motivated. Other wise you will go in depression and the result will be reverse.
kaithsandy

Return to Weight loss Talk