It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Im Curious

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Im Curious

Postby yummymummy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:15 am

To all you fabulas people (and there does seem to be lots of you) who are successfully losing weight-
1/ have you been on any "failed" diets before you began to lose weight?

2/ What are you doing differently to be successful this time?

:D Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:18 pm

Hi jody
never tried diets before. i used to just say on a weekend 'oh ill start losing weight on monday' but i never started lol. and i think losing weight for me is successful so far because i love seeing the results and i feel like it is working for me.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Jody I have tried Weight Watchers 3 times and then had bullimia for a short time. I just ended up fatter and fatter each time I "came off" the diet.

The thing that is different for me this time is I am not "on" a diet. I am just making lifestyle changes that are beneficial not only to my waistline, but my health in general. I have cut a lot of junk and "diet" products out of my everyday eating and just try and eat healthy 90% of the time. I am finding that although it is slow going at times (although my weight loss should improve a bit when I get into a good exercise routine) I am learning a lot about the reasons I was over eating and am combating them 1 thing at a time. Not dieting has been the best thing for me!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36 pm

I agree with Ally.

Not thinking I'm on a diet is a big help. I now eat healthier and no junk for me,no soft drink no white bread.

I also read the Dr phil book on weight loss to deal with the emotional issues of why I overate in the first place and found this very helpful in changing my approach to food..

Exercising regularly has given me the energy boost that I was missing and now I cant believe i'm one of those people who look forward to it :D

I had tried weight watcher before, but I wasnt in the right mind set, now i am, and I'm not looking back 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:39 pm

That is great Slimmin......

Just a quick note to all you guys on Weight Watchers..I am not knocking off about Weight Watchers I just found it didn't work for me!!! Cheers guys!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Re: Im Curious

Postby Pepper » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:44 pm

yummymummy wrote: 1/ have you been on any "failed" diets before you began to lose weight?
Oh my dear Jody, for me it's been.....
ImageWay way wayyyyyyy too many to count!! Image

yummymummy wrote:2/ What are you doing differently to be successful this time?

I did succeed eventually though, many years ago. I started counting my fat gram intake, and managed to lose 60kg in just under a year. Problem was, not only did I lose weight but I developed gall stones because of such a rapid loss!! :cry:

Watching my fat intake works best for me (emphasis on the "me" part because "we" (ie. our bodies) are all different). Which is why we are all special in our own unique way. :D

But I still had problems, wondering why watching my fat intake wasn't working over the last 18 months, and I have since discovered the reason; even though I was eating less fat, I was eating BIGGER portions, and when the body thinks it is facing a famine, it will hold onto EVERYTHING lettuce leaves and all! :roll:

The key (I've discovered) is everything in moderation and (sigh) plenty of perspiration! :wink:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:45 pm

I had tried twice previously to seriously loose weight. Both times I lost 7kgs, felt great, started eating crap again. The first time I got hold of a weight watchers points book and tried it on my own, the second time I roughly followed a diet called the last chance diet and counted the points again using my ww book. Basically I was trying two different plans both of which work but not really following either of them as they are set out and with no support. So I put the weight back on and more.

What I am doing different this time. The whole thing is different. I worked out what plan I wanted to do that would work for my lifestyle and attitude towards food at that time. I then sat down and set goals, where I was starting from, where I wanted to get to, what dress size, how many weeks would it take. Then like a dog with a bone I set my teeth and went at it. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:43 am

im on WW at the moment but find it hard when im at uni as getting food that fits is hard and i walk to uni so taking alot in my bag can become a hassle . other then that i am just watching the fat content and trying to include fruits and vegs
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Weight loss Talk