It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 am

Free Newsletter

Excuses Excuses

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Excuses Excuses

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:33 pm

HI all :) was just wondering before you started losing weight, what was your excuse not to lose weight? How did you defend your size?

for me, i would say 'ah well people should be happy with who i am not what i look like' 'there's bigger people than me in the world and theyre happy' 'i dont want to lose weight cos i cant afford to buy new clothes to fit a slender body'

kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:37 pm

I never really used excuses Kate...I just ignored the fact that my behind was so huge it was being declared a state!! I just ate all the time and didn't care what I put in my mouth. If people said anything to me I would just say "I may be fat, but you're ugly..at least I can go on a diet".
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:40 pm

Kate ,I used to make jokes about my weight ,thinking if I did it then I'd beat other people to it.

I also am not a big vegie eater and used that as an excuse as to why I couldnt eat healthy, I now know this is not true.

I have an uneractive throid and I also used that as an excuse nt to bother to try at all.

My Mum and one of my sisters were big and i used the family gene card too. They both have lost 30 kg each, so cant use that one anymore :lol:

Now I have no excuses......................... :wink:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:42 pm

The genetic thing is often passed off isn't it Slimmin? My mum and sister are overweight as well and people say the same about us, but my brothers are all slim....99% of the time it just comes down to poor eating habits and the "monkey see, monkey do" thing. This is why I want to change my habits and be a good example for my kids now!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:08 pm

DENIAL!

And the fact that I've always been big...

And the fact that I had TOO much to lose, so I might as well not bother!

And the fact that I was way too unfit to exercise!

Seem like dumb excuses now, don't they? :oops:
Mandie

Postby yummymummy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:17 pm

I was in total denial to tell you the truth I had no idea how large I had become, even now that I have lost 13kg and almost 2 dress sizes I cant see all that much of a difference iin myself, Ill put on and old pair of size 16 pants that I have and they swim on me and I try and visualize how far I have come but I just dont remember being that big LOL
J :lol: ody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:32 pm

I didn't really discuss it unless it was brought up by someone else and then I would try to take whatever they said in good humour. Stew on the comments later. It was surprising how many close friends would say "you're not that big anyway" when I would confide in them. It wasn't that I denied it I knew something needed to be done and I always said to my hubby if I get really big then I will do something about it. It became well I will start next week or you only live once might as well enjoy what you love...that's a good one actually and can keep you from beginning a healthier lifestyle for a long time
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:08 am

I have tended to just accept it. I know that having 2 kids hasn't helped however considering my friend up the road has 4 kids, and is about 55kgs dripping wet, I can't really use that as an excuse. It's amazing, becuase other people often use that for me as well "Oh Liv, don't be so hard on yourself, you just had a baby!" Yeah, right 20 months ago!!!! :oops:
I also often use giving up smoking, and I have an implant in my arm that would definately effect my hormones and weight.

We all have excuses, and I think some of these reasons are legit and not so much excuses but why losing weight is so hard for us.

I also used to say that I was beautiful on the inside, and people needed to see that, but I would love to be seen as beautiful on the outside too.
Livy

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:54 am

Absolute denial . until i was about 20 i was a stick with no boobs and no hips . alas along comes boys ect and the bam on came the weight which happened over a period of years . After getting back to a size 14 a break up and move and bam up to size 20 in a blink of a eye . Ithought i was still in ok shape till i had to sit on kinder chairs at prac . That was a HUGE wake up call
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:38 pm

jules- i also had to sit on the little chairs at work (im a child care worker) and i swear it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. when iw as pregnant though i sat on the adult chairs.

liv- i had the implant in a few years ago for 2 years and it definately added to my weight. also i would complain to mum that i was tired after having heidi and she would say 'oh its cos you are running around after having a baby'. i was tired mostly because of the foods i was eating the weight!
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:15 am

Kate we also had a lady on prac who was 8 mths pregnant and she hated those chairs with a passion . My legs were so sore after sitting on those with the children . I kept wishing the whole tome that they wouldnt collapse under me
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:20 am

I still don't exercise
I just cut down my food intake drastically.
Dolly

Postby Puffer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:31 am

I have a really hard time actually understanding how big or small I am. I quite often point to other women at the mall and say to my boyfriend 'am I as fat as her' :lol: He usually always says 'no way not even close!' but I don't know if I can trust his opinion given there is probably some element of self preservation in his responses :lol:

At the same time I often pick up clothes and think yeah they will fit for sure, and they don't even come close :oops:

So my excuse I guess is just not being able to understand what I really look like, I think I look in the mirror with rose coloured glasses on. Like Ally, I often thought the 'I may be fat but at least I'm not ugly' line.

Also it doesn't help that my boyfriend tells me every day I am beautiful and sexy - because in my mind you cannot be those things if you are fat, and well if he thinks I'm beautiful and sexy then I can't be fat, can I?
Puffer

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Oh Christina, I don't know how many times I said that to my hubby. "Am I as big as that person?" I never thought I looked too bad until I was naked or I saw photos, then I felt like crying. I have been hard pressed not to ask that same question even now but I am learning to trust my own judgement and start liking what I see.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:31 pm

even though ive lost a bit of weight and its evident in my clothes when im naked i still look disgusting! i dont see a difference.
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk