It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Detox is Working... I am losing!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Detox is Working... I am losing!

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:12 am

Well, to be honest, this has to be one of the hardest things I have ever done bar smoking! I am craving cereal, I ususally have a big bowl of muesili in the mornings and am having fruit instead which is really tough. I also have to still cook dinner for the troupes, so last night I cooked the most delicious stew, it was so thick and the meat was so tender, it was really hard... so I just ate a tiny bowl of it. I then ate my dinner of fish of silverbeet. After I finish this detox I will going straight into phase 1 of southbeach that is even stricter!! :roll:
I have to have faith in myself, it is working, I have lost 1.5kgs already! I cannot even imagine being under 80kgs, it would be so wonderful JUST to acheive that even! I would love to get down to 80kgs by the end of this 10 days, and I guess it is possible, it will all depend of how much willpower I have. I just have to remember that my body is having a big rest from pork and red meat. I say I don't eat much processed food either, but I guess I do when I break it all down, my cereal, cruskits, etc etc.
Oh well, I have now tried Admin Censored, Betalife and Thinkslim, wish me luck with this!
Liv
Livy

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:47 am

Well done Livy - keep up the good work.
You GO girl.....

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:01 am

Thanks Tas... I see you are down in the 70s!!! How does it feel?? I would LOVE to be 79kgs!!! How are you losing the weight?
Livy

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:28 am

Hi Livy
I got down to 72 kilos - ended up with a heavy workload and gave up the exercises to fit in the workload - and gained the weight back on! Grrrrr
I did moderate exercise on an exercise bike and weights - lots of walking.
On the diet (I hate that word) front, I did a 80/20 and that meant once a week I would have a piece of cake or a small chocolate bar. In fact what worked for me and is still working for me is to not eliminate anything from my diet just smaller portions which means strong will, which I lost a bit of......
I do have crohns also and am on medications for the rest of my life and that certainly did not help as it assisted me to gain weight and recently had to up the medications. So my fight this time is a little harder as I am fighting against the meds too.
You will do it Livy - we can all do this together.

Cheers
Maria
Tas AU
Tas

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:53 am

I know that portions are my biggest problem. I just eat far too much. My theory is, that with this detox, and my 2 weeks of Phase 1 southbeach, my stomach will shrink, and I will have gotten used to smaller meals. That must suck to have gotten right down to 72, then put it all back on again! I think my lowest since I had my second baby is about 81.... that's as low as I get before either giving up, or giving in. You are doing so well Maria, having one choccie bar sounds good to me! I might just get myself a raspberry freddo or something on town day just to treat myself. Luckily I am 50kms from town, so I can't get a craving and go in and get more, I just have to get over it!
Livy

Postby Groovychic » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:27 am

Sounds like you are going great guns Livy. I've never heard of this southbeach thing. You have great will power to with stand the call of the foods that you aren't allowed!! I'm just shocking with my will power for food. Everything else I can do well with but food is my biggest downfall.
Maria - my girlfriend, whom I have spoken to you about before, with chrones had this, I think it was a needle but can't really remember, in October last year and she has been sympton free for the whole year. It has put her in a type of remission. The doctor said it might last 3 months or might last 10 years. Nobody knows. She has lost about 12 kilos since she was released from hospital last year. We were only talking the other day about her weight loss and she said she has plataued because she has been eating a bit of junk again but she felt she needed a break from being good. And she was really strict. Having chrones makes it a lot harder to eat multi-grain bread and brown rice etc. She really is supposed to only eat white, which of course isnt all that good for you. So I hope you can drop your medication down again soon Maria. I have seen what my girlfriend goes through and its horrid the amount of drugs she had to take. I'm unsure if she is taking any medication at all. I think she probably is, but only a small amount. Certainly nothing compared to before.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:38 am

The meds I am on is sulphasalazinne and they are reknown for weight gain!! So I did well to get as low in kilos as I did considering Iwas still on the meds. I am not supposed to eat wholemeal bread nor too many vegies and brown rice and certainly no fruit- but heck what do ya do when you want to lose this weight. It is a case of weighing (excuse the pun) the pro's and con's and I HAVE to get back down to at least 70 kilo's. Occassionally, about twice a week I go off wholemeal bread and use white, but to be honest I prefer wholemeal. But i do try to balance it out a bit.
But Livy you have done so well and i have no doubt that you will reach your goal very soon, just make small goals to start with. My goal is to get to about 76 kilo's - then take it from there.

Cheers
Maria (ps: sorry for using this thread on my own stuff)
Tas

Postby KimE » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:26 pm

Well done on your loss Livy that is great news. Keep focused and stay strong. Best of luck on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Fairie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:18 pm

Well done Livy sounds like you are doing well.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 pm

well done livy

50kms is a long way to go isnt it! keep going your doing great
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:28 am

Good going livvy keep up the great work
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]