It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

How long did it take for your Duromine to kick in?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How long did it take for your Duromine to kick in?

Postby seekingmotivation » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 am

Hi all,

I'm new and have just started on Duromine - cheaper version Metermine. I'm on my second day and I'm not really feeling very different. I was a bit jittery all day yesterday, but that's about it. Didn't really feel less hungry either.

So just wondering how long before it kicked in for you?

I emailed a friend yesterday saying " I thought this was meant to supress my appetite - I'm freaking starving!! hahaha"

TIA!
seekingmotivation

Re: How long did it take for your Duromine to kick in?

Postby mizzle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I took Duromine for about 2 weeks until i decided i prefered to sleep properly then loose weight using the tablet. It took about 2 or 3 days to kick in. Day 1 for me i felt effects but it wasnt until day 2 that I had to force myself to eat and had major troubles sleeping not to mention a slight case of paranoia. It affected my work and home life. Not eating and sleeping = CRANKY!! I also had up and down energy levels. One minute I would have NO energy.. the next I would be bouncing off the walls.

After not sleeping for 2 weeks I decided to try and loose weight the old fashioned way by eating healthy foods and exercising. I lost about 4kgs in 2 weeks using Duromine however once I came off it and starting eating regular meals again I put it back on.

Good luck!!
mizzle

Postby CandiceJane » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am

Hi
I am 22 years old, I weigh 70kg with my height being 170 cm i think that makes my BMI like 26. Which falls in the over weight rage. I have never really eaten badly, maybe the odd junk food craving or chocolate;). Anyways I joined the gym and for a change actually went.... regularly. But i wasn't loosing any weight and barely any centimeters. I went to my GP and he did blood test, the results were all healthy.

He put me on Duromine 30 mg. He said it should help me reach my goal weight. Which we argued about he suggested that 65kg for my height would be a good weight for me... but i would like to weigh 60kg. So lets say goal weight is still undecided. I took his advice to continue to visit the gym.... which i am doing. Problem is I have been taking duromine for 1 month and have lost no weight... nothing not even one kilogram. I take one tablet every morning when i wake up at 6:00am. I have not experienced any bad side affects, it just makes me thirsty. I will be seeing my doctor at the end of the month.

If anyone has any ideas as to why this stuff is not working, let me know.
CandiceJane

Postby sarahausglish » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi there I am a week into my first round of duromine. I found thAt the very first day I was buzzing with energy and by day two I had lOst my appetite completely. I lost almost 3 kg in the first week and had a mixed variety of side effects including nausea, sleeplessness and high and low energy periods. I'm trying hard to stick to a good diet of bran, fruit, veg and small amounts of protein. I am also working out 4-6 times a week. I do have to be careful not to exercise too much or I become weak and lethargic straight after I'm done. I would def check in with your doc as no appetite suppression is not ok!! This medication is expensive and has too many side effects not to work! Good luck!!
sarahausglish

Postby seekingmotivation » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:16 am

Well I'm up to day 5 and still nothing. Apart from feeling a bit of nausea and waking up and odd hours and not being able to sleep - still getting plenty but say waking up at 3am and not getting back to sleep until 4am. And I haven't really had any energy boost either. And I'm still freaking starving! It's rather annoying. :lol: I'm eating properly but still get really hungry!

Might give it another week.

I changed my diet a while ago now and nothing happened and that's including exercise. So went to the doctors and she thought duromine would help. So fingers crossed, something might kick in soon!
seekingmotivation

Postby Lisa79 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 pm

I took duromine earlier this year and for first 4-5 days I was buzzing. I couldn't sit still. And had weird tingling feelings in my limbs. Didn't sleep till the 2nd night and only a few hrs. Slept better after then. I wasn't hungry first day and half at all and forced myself to eat a bit the 2nd night. I had no cravings or hunger pangs at all. I started the cheaper brand this morning and so far feel no different. I know it's only been 4hrs but Im starving. I'm wondering if the cheaper brand is as successful? It was only ten bucks cheaper and has identical ingredients. Guess I'll know in a few days.
Lisa79

Postby Clacena » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi,
I went to my doctor because my weight has been an issue my whole life. he put me on a combination of Metermine and Xenical. so far so good the Xenical has shown me what foods are ok to eat and whats not. i am 178cms and started at 99.9kgs im now 98.1. The Metermine has made me a bit buzzy and restless but my appetite has been low but am still eating 3 meals a day along with some snacks so that when i come off the medication my weight doesnt come back on. i have been weighing myself and have lost nearly 2kgs but am waiting till its been a week before im sure. My experience although it has been short is really good i need this weight to come off all i want is to be healthy.
Clacena

Postby seekingmotivation » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:35 am

Lisa - I'm thinking I might switch to Duromine next month, if it's only $10 then yeah i'll get that. I didn't realise it was only that small a difference.

Clacena- I'm the same. Its been an issue my whole life, and I'm really hoping this will kick start it.

Well I'm up to week 3. I haven't weighed myself for a while but I think I've lost 2kgs. So for me that's pretty awesome. Hopefully it'll up a bit this week since I'll get back into my exercise routine.
seekingmotivation

Return to Weight loss Talk