It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Suitable Diet/Exercise Plan?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Suitable Diet/Exercise Plan?

Postby surfgirl4 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi,

I am a 19 years of age. I exercise 5 days a week - usually performing 20 minutes of medium speed jogging - running on the treadmill and 10 minutes at an average speed on a stationary exercise bike and I also do 15 minutes of arm weights and 200 sit ups. I do this 5 days a week and incorporate healthy eating. Each morning I have a bowl of high fibre and low fat cereal with a glass of orange juice. Often I have 2 boiled eggs also. I usually have a snack in the morning of an 'up&go' (high fibre protein drink) and a yoghurt or a piece of fruit. Lunch I have a bowl of vegetables (eg; carrots, beans, snow peas, celery, tomatoes) and a natural springwater can of tuna. For dinner I always cook something fresh, usually a curry or stiry fry consisting of fresh vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, beans, peas) and incorporate a meat most of the time like lean chicken breast or sometimes beef. I often use a spice such as portugese or cajun, or a curry paste (eg; korma) for taste, and sometimes add in white rice or a piece of toasted wholemeal bread. Do you think this is a good diet and exercise plan for someone of my age , or is there more/less aspects that I need to incorporate to mantain a steady weight or perhaps lose a little of that baby fat that lightly exists?

Thanks! :D
surfgirl4

Re: Suitable Diet/Exercise Plan?

Postby sarahausglish » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi there. Your meal plan sounds great as a healthy balanced diet. From what I have learnt I would Recomend a coupl of things. Firstly be careful of eggs. While they are and amazing protein, they are super high in cholesterol and should be eaten in moderation. Also beware of pre made sauces as they can be high in sugar. Using curry pastes combined with low fat natural yoghurt can save on calories. Finally do u like brown rice? It's so much better for u than white. The pre made bags that steam cook in 90 seconds in the microwave are so easy and tasty. Good luck!!
sarahausglish

Return to Weight loss Talk