It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:37 am

Free Newsletter

Party tonight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Party tonight

Postby carla » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 pm

For the first time in aaaagggggeeeess, Im going to a party tonight. I know there is going to be TONS of delectables there, not to mention alcohol.

Anyone have tips as to how to get through the night, have full maximum fun and NOT cave in to the delectables and alcohol? Also, anyone know which kinds of alcohol are less fattening than others?

Cheers y'all!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:59 pm

Should add, Im thinking of walking there. It'd take me about one and a half hours. I should do it ay what!
[/url]
carla

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:13 pm

HI carla lucky u going to a party . What i do when i go out is have a small meal before i leave like soup so im not starving before i gop and am less likely to over eat . With alcohol i have 1 drink whether it be pre mix can or glass then make sure i have water after it . Alternate between alcohol and water and it should help
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Fairie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi Carla we still have a life to live on this weightloss journey we are on so enjoy yourself. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:17 pm

walking sounds like a great idea!

As has already been suggested - eat a small healthy meal before you leave to fill you up so you are less tempted..

another thing I do is COUNT the number of nibbles I have.. you seem to think about it more if you know it is your 8th party pie rather than just randomly grabbing!

As for alcohol - alternating with water is a great idea.

All alcohol is high in calories, but straight clear spirits (i.e. vodka, gin) have the least calories - so you could have this with soda water or diet lemonade or something?

Pre-mixed drinks ("girly drinks" like bacardi breezers) are FULL of sugar, and beer is quite fattening too!

Out of the wines, red wine is probably your best bet.

Anyway, have fun, don't stress about the diet too much, enjoy yourself!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:43 pm

hi carla i hope you have a great night out, perhaps sipping on water inbetween drinkies is a good idea- like what jules suggested. hope you are having fun!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:15 pm

*sings* let's party tonight.. let's party tonight! Let's celebrate, I just can't wait. Things can only get better :lol:

LOL. Seriously though... equal parts white wine and water is the way to go. Not mixed together :shock: One glass wine, then a giant glass of water! I have found that on a per standard drink basis.. wine comes out best not only cost wise, but calorie wise also :wink:

Hope you had a great night 8)
SarahC

Postby carla » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:50 pm

Whelp....

I totally totally totally blew it!

4 bottles of pre-mixed, girly, FULL of sugar 'breezer' type drinks

And countless things with cheese, carbs, cream and sugar.

I didnt get back to the forum in time to read all your very good advice before I left.

And I didnt end up walking there, because (my excuse is) I was wearing boots that are not made for walking.

I dont want to even know how many calories are in one of those breezers.

But...I had a good time. :oops: :D :roll:
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:10 am

*these boots are made for walking...* sorry that song is in my head now lol. sorry you had a outrageous night out but just get back onto the wagon today. you can do it, you know you can!!

glad you enjoyed yourself
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:24 am

Yep the song is my head too! :D

Hope you had a good night. These things will always come up so you can either learn to limit the damage or just enjoy. Eating before going to these things and alternating drinks with water are two excellent ways to limit.

Today is a new day for healthy choices. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:55 am

Took the words right out of my mouth Kate and Kim!!! LOL. As the girls said Carla, just get back to eating healthy today (I am with you I had 1 vodka caramel mudshake and 2 lemon ruskies last night).

I had a look at the calorie/kilojoule count for the breezers and depending on which one you had they range from 160cal (670kj) to 200 cal (840kj) each bottle....and I am guessing most of that is from the sugar!!

I hope you enjoyed your night out though mate, it doesn't hurt to let your hair down every so often!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:27 am

Not to worry Carla, we all have tempting days like those (the alcohol seems to weaken our willpower to say no)
Dolly

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:56 am

Don't worry Carla, it's good to have a break now and again, you'll jump back on the wagon soon enough!

Expect a big confessional from me in a couple of weeks after my post-exams party.. there is NO way I'm not drinking at that one!
Mandie

Return to Weight loss Talk