It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:08 pm

Free Newsletter

looking for some shake up ideas

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

looking for some shake up ideas

Postby saram589 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 am

good Morning everyone, I have about 13-14kg left to loose and my weightloss has really slowed down eg last week lost 1.5kg this week (without changing or adding in extra food) gained 300g. I understand that weightloss slowes towards the end but I cant seam to get any help from my PT or anyone else who just keep informing me oh youve got to get your mind right think of your health not just weight loss. Iv been at this for almost a year (lost 24kg) and just want to be finished. I really dont know how much longer I can take thinking about weightloss. Im more then happy for health food and exercise to be my life from now on infact I kind of like it but I just want to be done trying to loose. So any tips or tricks any one could share whould be awesome, Iv posted below a standard day of food (today) which includes my weekly treat meal - dinner with a friend and iv also posted what my week looks like exercise wise

Breakfast 6.30am
130g salt reduced baked beans
2 pieces wholemeal bread no butter

Morning tea 9.30am
Luckys nuts with yohurt sultanas
1/2 punnet strawberrys

Snack 11.30am

Lunch 1pm[b][/b]
Ham 97% fat free
cheese slice bega 50%
2 slices wholemeal bread
mixed salad leaves
josephines feta 25g
40g avocado
1 teaspoon 97% fat free salad dressing

afternoon tea 3.30pm
1/2 strawberrys or carrot sticks

Dinner 8pm- sizzler this weeks treat meal
150g eye fillet steak
200g baked potato
mixed salad of lettuce, cucumber, corn and carrot no dressing

Monday :Pt Morning bootcamp evening
Tuesday : body combat then pilates
Wednesday: Boot camp
Thursday : Pump then Yoga
Friday : Boot Camp
Saturday :spin

as I said any advice would be amazing

Re: looking for some shake up ideas

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:40 pm

You are doing great! :D

You are certainly going about it the right way. Just a couple of things:

I obviously don't know your circumstances but are you able to eat your dinner earlier than 8pm? :)
If you can get your evening meal in earlier 6-6.30 you'll feel better & it will help you.

Also I understand this is your treat meal but do you always consume carbs like jacket potatoes in your evening meal?

I am just nit picking as you have a good plan! :D

Yes it is hard losing your last bit but what about changing your exercise routine this might be enough to shock your body into losing that final bit! :D

Hope that helps, let us know.

Feeling healthy and feeling good about yourself is not a luxury - it's an absolute necessity.

Postby saram589 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Ben

Thanks for your reply

I dont normally do either of the things you mentioned lol.

I was going out for dinner with a friend that night after training which is why its so late and sadly potato is not a every day occurance for me I have dropped down to only 6.3kg to loose after having to bring my goal weight up on Drs advice but my loses have been going well changing up my exercise.

Postby newyork » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi Saram,

I'm having the same trouble, have lost 20kg and have 5-10kg to go, but have been trying to shift the last kgs for ages now with no luck. Have just decided to change my approach. I have done Jenny Craig for 2 yrs on and off, so now I will stop that and do a healthy food plan myself. Prob time to get off that processed food and eat natural food. Also, I will change my exercise program. I see a PT twice a week which I will keep, but instead of doing my usual interval run and spin twice a week I'm signing up for a boot camp for 6 weeks, 3 days a week. I think changing up your exercise will keep your body guessing, also a few days off exercise here and there I think will help also. Good Luck!

Postby madeit » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:53 am

Hi Saram,
If you need some new ideas, then you should look for the The Diet Solution Program, not your typical, but much more fun and I can personally guarantee it, I followed it, even though at first like any other diet web sites you see is mostly fake, I tried this one as the people who actually started this program are real people just like us, who needs to loose a few pounds here and there, but never seems to be able to it, or get these very boring hard to real life challenges that we never (or at least I ) seems to be able to follow more than a couple of weeks and then give up, and even add more pounds... Sorry babbling on too much I know, my husband says the same thing, but wait until your partner start to see a new you after using this very easy program, I could not believe it! The censored ( sorry maybe not appropriate to speak of here) but was like back in college again!!!! if you know what I mean...

Anyhow, take a look at it and you tell me if you think this is worth the stretch...

I have just copied the link that my friend sent to me so I hope it works,

[Link Removed]

I am not sure if it is allowed to, but it's not my link, if I am not allowed, sorry not very good on computers....

Please let me know how it goes for you and if you think my personal idea is good.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed commercial affiliate link. There's no need for those here when Google is available for free.

Postby krohde » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Stop thinking about it and just listen to your body!!!

Who says you have this much less to lose? Do you feel physically comfortable? Do you have energy? Or are you stressing about not being able to budge the weight? Because, I can tell you right now, the stress will keep it on you (it actually has a lot to do with your mind)!

Have some time off the weight loss game, just listen to what your body needs for a couple of weeks and help it to 'reset'. I can highly recommend the book 'The Don't Go Hungry Diet' by Dr. Amanda Sainsbury-Salis. It's just good old-fashioned sensible!

All the best :D
"The health of the people is really the foundation upon which all their happiness & all their powers as a state depend." Benjamin Disraeli

Postby Phat-Beth » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 am

Hi Saram i bet you seem to be very determined to lose weight with an ideal diet plan though your dinner needs to be eaten slightly earlier but this not the norm for most people which should not be the case. For smooth digestion it really helps instead going to bed with you stomach full.
The other bit i recommend is exercising 3 times a week instead your nearly daily basis because you need your body to rest and recover from muscle training and vigorous exercises.

Best recommended shakes are especially with fibre as they provide the daily nutrients needed for the body to function such as vitamins and minerals. The shake is mixed with skimmed milk, which is designed to be delicious and nutritious meal replacement with high quality proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates, fiber, multivitamins and multi-minerals that allow the reduction and elimination of fats at an accelerated rate try [Deleted Product Name]

All the best!
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sig advertisement and product placement.

Postby madeit » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:54 am

Hi me again,
Yes agree, if you need to lose weight you got to have fun doing it, and not so much hard work.
check out this video which clearly let you knwo which food is good for you and the one to avoid..

[Deleted Link]
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed commercial affiliate link.

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Well if it's only stalled for one week I would say just be patient... it doesn't come off at a nice even rate. When this happens to me I like to think about this: (I'm not an expert on this but just from what I've googled) when the fat comes out of your cells to go and get conveted to energy your body replaces the fat in the cells with water, like a place holder, and holds that there for a few days, then eventually the water comes out and the fat cell flattens... so maybe you are losing fat but the cells are just filled with water. Give it some time.

If over a longer period of time you find you're not losing weight you might just have reached an equilibrium. When you were heavier your body needed more energy in just to maintain itself, now that you've lost some weight your base metabolic rate will have dropped too. So a food/exercise regime that took you from your start weight to your current weight might not get you from there to your goal. Please do wait a few weeks before assuming this though, stalling/platauing is the more likley explanation, so dont start starving yourself bc you gained a teensy bit of weight ONE week

Postby priteshppt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

You are taking very healthy diet exactly what a person should take for healthy lifestyle. Initially when you start exercise you loose weight rapidly and gradually you loose less as compare to starting so there is nothing to worry. Don't try to cut off your daily intake, it is essential for you. You just keep doing workout and will get good results soon. actually our body has a auto maintaining structure to keep it healthy, it maintains its own weight if you are taking healthy intake.

Return to Weight loss Talk