It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 am

Free Newsletter

I Desperately need some help Please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I Desperately need some help Please

Postby kazzaa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi all

It has been a little while since I have visited this site so I will give a quick intro. My name is Karen at my heaviest I was 132kg I started dieting 18 months ago and got as low as 74kg and was so proud of myself as I didn't do any excersise as I had bad knees.

Last November I had a double total knee replacement and before the surgery I gave up smoking (yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) and have been smoke free eversince but I have put on 20kg which is really depressing I contiunally get told that I have had major surgery and given up smoking and that has been a big thing in my life.

I have decided to get motivated again and get back to losing weight especially the 20Kg I have put on so a few weeks ago I invested in a personal trainer for 3 months 3 times a week and I do circuit everyday and since then I have lost 5kg. :D

The question I need help with is this, in particular this week I have been so good on my diet and have watched every calorie and only had 1200 a day and the last 2 days have had very few as I get weight at Weight Watchers on a Tuesday night so I have probably eaten 300calories (I know not good) but I have also exercised almost 400 calories a day and then when I got weighed I had lost 800g I was so disappointed I thoought I would at least lost 2-3kg. It has now been suggested to me that I haven't eaten enough and all with all the exercise I have done I needed to eat more calories to keep my matabolism up. Can anyone help me with this. I am really down this week because of this I know it is crazy but there are times I am almost tempted to go back to smoking as I seemed to lose more (I wouldn't dare though.)

Anybody's input would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Kazzaa
Nothing tastes as good as slim feels
kazzaa

Re: I Desperately need some help Please

Postby bjam » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:05 pm

certainly you need more cals.. maybe even more than the 1200cals you are having on your normal days (with exercise factored in you may be starving your body even on the 1200) - it is different for everyone and it is also good to change it up a bit so your body doesnt adjust to whatever you are doing - think of it this way - a week or 2 of trying a new tactic will not undo your good work - if you see an improvement, keep going, if not, not a lot of time wasted :) things to consider = where your calories are coming from, not just the number (dif types of food cause different reactions in your body) and you could also look into eating more for a bit and seeing what that does - not so you are maintaining, just at a slower loss rate and see how that affects you - lots of people say this can speed things us - alternately calorie cycling is another popular option if you are finding your weight is hitting a bit of a plateau.

the other thing - and a big thing I have found - is that it seems quite cyclic in the loss and steady weeks, without changing a thing in your diet or exercise, I seem to get a big drop, then go steady for a bit or even up a fraction for a day or so then another drop a bit later etc etc ... the big drops are more common at the start and if later on you can get to a steady 1/2 or 1kg a week loss then you are doing really well - as you get into lower weights it gets harder etc...

I recommend taking other measures and enjoying how healthy you must be feeling - 5kg is a fantastic loss and im sure your clothes will already be starting to fit better :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby kazzaa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:48 am

Hi BJam

Thank you so much for your advice and I will take it on board. I guess i just got really disheartened this week and I know I shouldn't and I will still continue trying different things. Thank you and congratulations also on your 10kg weight loss.

Kazzaa
Nothing tastes as good as slim feels
kazzaa

Postby priteshppt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello,

You can never loose the weight same all the time. Initially some people loose slowly and later looses more and some people like you looses faster in start and get slower in the last. Every human body is different in nature. The main trick behind loosing weight is to burn more calorie a day then you consume. If you are not consuming extra calorie it will get deposited in to your body as fat...So nothing to worry you just keep it up and try to control your eating habit. You will get desired weight soon.
priteshppt

Postby jamesthomas » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:35 pm

HI
I really like the way how you did this. Hats off to you well i think That i can suggest you from my side Try Hynotise to get rid of this. Its really effective and easy to adopt.
jamesthomas

Postby davidtfranz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 am

Hey kazzaa ..

Are you familiar to a "TV show BIGGEST SHOW"..You could join that show or follow their routines and workouts.It really work imagine an 280 pounds turns to a 140 pounds.in just 4 months.Try you could be also like them.
davidtfranz

Return to Weight loss Talk