It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Free Newsletter

To those who have lost and gained...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Kylie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:47 pm

I lost about 27kg and gained 5kg back.
I think I allowed myself to gain the 5kg because I had done so much! I had achieved so much and I was nearly on the home stretch. I allowed myself to be rewarded with food (doh! Bad idea!) and I allowed myself to think that relaxing (cutting back on exercise and eating badly) was a reward! DUMB! I can see that now.

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:18 pm

I do exactly the same thing. I just start eating heaps of extra food, thinking that I have deserved it because I have done so well. How can it be a reward though if it means you end up back at square one and have to start all over again. It's more like a punishment than a reward. Who does that?! Punishes themselves for doing well?? :?

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:54 pm

i have gained and lost to many times to remeber . My major thing was break up and moving put me into depression mode then started uni which all kinda felt like to much at the one time . Now i am making changes not only to my eating but to the way i see myself and the world around me . Taking litlle steps at a time and seeing that i can acheive theses steps has really helped me to move away from self destruction mode
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:19 pm

Thanks again guys, appreciated.

What I am hearing is stay focused on healthy living, eating and exercise. Don't get too relaxed and start eating more just because I've lost the weight (that would be really easy to do). Luckily with some of the new clothes I've bought I will notice if I go over 60kgs cause they won't fit! :D

Thanks for the great Christmas tips Rochelle. Love the ice trick would definitely make the drinks last longer.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk