It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:00 am

Free Newsletter

Depressed (stupid)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Depressed (stupid)

Postby Fluffy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:04 pm

I know this will sound stupid and feel free to tell me...

I am feeling totally depressed this afternoon. I am in dire need of some new clothes (for office work). I did a massive clean out of my wardrobe to rid myself of old memories of being size 20-22 (this happened last weekend). I left a few pieces so that I can take some photos of me in them when I reach goal weight. Anyway, just went to Sussans cause I thought they have size 16 and I thought I could fit into their size 16. But could I? No, not really at all! I tried on 2 tops and they were quite snug. I really thought that after losing 21.4kgs I could try and shop in "normal" shops. I know this is stupid but I walked out thinking well I am not really that successful at my weight loss am I? I kept thinking "who do you think you are trying to fit into their size 16?". In addition to that, I have this huge zit on my chin which is red and very noticebale. It was a great afternoon all round! I am sorry to carry on about this but I needed to let this out...
Fluffy

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:07 pm

Oh no you poor thing! *hugs*

Chin up.. it WILL get better...

just imagine what it would have been like trying on the 16s BEFORE you lost this much weight???

You are SO close!

Not sure what I can do to cheer you up.. when I am down I like to turn up music real loud and dance like an idiot.. maybe that will work for you?

Or burn off some calories and tension/stress with some cardiovascular exercise! You've got the motivation now...

One day, one day SOON, you will walk into ANY shop you want, and be able to buy clothes!

Hang in there, we are all here for you!
Mandie

Postby Fluffy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:43 pm

Thanks Mandie.

The whole thing is too dumb to be depressed over.
You are right...one day I will be able to buy whatever I want without feeling limited. It's just that I was feeling great about my loss and then I was thinking maybe not so great.

Thanks for your support.
Fluffy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Hi fluffy
it is a great loss mate. look at how you had to get rid of your bigger clothes because they were falling off! would you rather be a 22 or a snug 16? at least you could get the tops over your head! you have done so well! look at it in terms of how many dress sizes you have lost. and the zit, i hate them too. i always seem to get them when i have something planned its horrible. hang in there fluffy we all have days like this its just unfortunate its your turn today :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Fluffy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:32 pm

Thanks Kate. I really do appreciate it.
Sometimes I just get really down on myself and you are right, it must be my day today or maybe even my week this week. I am hoping this feeling doesn't linger for too many days. I want to get over it . I think my zit is healing even though I have done a great job of attacking it... :cry:
Fluffy

Postby carla » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:02 pm

Hey Fluffy!

21 kilos loss is an enormous achievement! You've obviously been tenaciously self-disciplined to have managed that! I battle with losing just 5 kilos and have not been able to get past about 3 or 4 before giving up in the past.

I had a low yesterday too, pre-party, when I went shopping for an outfit to wear and was choosing 16's and even 18's that were too small for me! I nearly gave up. I nearly decided not to go to the party but I eventually did find something that fit and looked pretty good. My daughter did my hair for me and I put on a little make-up, and guess what, (ok I know this is terribly shallow) but more than one man flirted with me and I had comments from people I hadnt seen for like 20 years (back when I WAS slim) and they said things like 'you've barely changed'. (Ok so yeah...maybe they were just being nice) but anyway, Im glad I took some trouble on myself. My confidence needed it and it was nice. So...F*** the mirrors and the size 16 drama...it is completely ok and fun to dress up and make the mostest of the hostess of your body *now*.

And no I didnt take anyone home :P It was just nice to feel good about myself *for my own benefit*. And so should you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:01 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I find that clothes shopping is the worst thing for feeling good about myself...You walk in feeling great and walk and so cranky...I know how you feel Fluffy, but seriously, don't give up!! YOu have lost an amazing amount of weight and as Mandie and Kate said, fitting into the 16's 22kgs ago would have been impossible...as disheartening as it is, I would go back and buy on of the tops you had your eye on so as you lose more, you can see and feel it getting looser and then it fitting!! Good on you Fluffy for all the weight you have lost and I hope that you are feeling not so low soon!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:32 am

Thats a great idea Ally. Buying that top will give you more incentive to lose a few more kilos. Losing 22kgs is an amazing achievement. But it is perfectly normal to be depressed after trying on a size you thought might fit. Dont frett too much about it as you will probably fit the clothes in a few weeks time. When you are feeling depressed all I can recommend is exercising. Get that heart beating and you will feel better. Go for a brisk walk for 30 mins. I find walking in the fresh air does wonders for me when I am feeling a little sad.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby yummymummy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:08 pm

I think going from a size 22 to a almost 16 is a fabulas achievement and you should be sooo proud of yourself but I so no that feeling of not quite being the size you thought you were and that is very depressing but dont give up! you are doing really well 22kg is a huge achievement !! be proud!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Jenni » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi Fluffy

Its so sad that your feeling depressed. Dont worry about the clothes that dont fit - just look forward to the day they do fit!

Whats most important now is not to let than little loss ruin your effort - use it as motivation to keep going strong. Hey, if your that close to the size 16, and you work really hard for the next 2 - 3 weeks, you will probably have it in the bag by then!

good luck hun -

Jen
Jenni

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:49 pm

I agree 22 kgs is am amazing loss mate . Just think of what it would have been if u were still size 22 . I am one that hates clothes shopping as the sizes are so damn diff . in one store u can fit into 16 others u cant . u would think it would be that same across the board
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:13 pm

Yeah there is such a huge difference in sizes between different shops. I generally select the size off the rack depending on the shop I'm in... you get to know which shops have big sizes and which have small ones!

It is extremely depressing though when you go out shopping and nothing fits. I can't count the number of times I've come home in tears :cry:

Fluffy, I'm sure you'll be fitting into those 16s in no time. Don't let it get you down :wink:
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:20 pm

The sizing system in Australia really sucks...you can grab one size and think yippee I am this size and then the next thing you try on in the same size doesn't go anywhere near you. I am all for standard across the board sizing...a size 10 is a size 10 and a size 28 is a 28..no matter what brand or store you buy it from..does any one else agree??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Garfield » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:59 am

I absolutely agree Ally. I own a pair of size 8 pants that are slightly bigger than a pair of size 12 pants I own. That's a big difference in sizes! I like to say that I'm a size 10, but that's more of an average of all the clothes I wear rather than the size of most of the clothes.
The only problem with standardising sizes is that you wouldn't be able to have clothes off the rack built for different body types. Not that you really do now, but that's what I'd like to see happen. What I mean is I have a small waist (I like to think so anyway) and about average sized butt, but my thighs are pretty big. So when it comes to jeans shopping I either get wide leg jeans or a normal pair that I need to wear a belt with to hold up at the top :( but if they standardised sizes there would be no room for some nice clothing company to make jeans built for people with my body shape as well as average. Not that they're going to do that anyway, so I don't know what I'm complaining about. Just rambling on because I'm not truly awake yet. Sorry.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:02 pm

Oh Fluffy *Hugs* I hope you are feeling a bit better today. I used to hate clothes shopping it was always the most depressing and I would usually come home upset. Then my hubby would get upset because he doesn't like seeing me upset. Don't let it put you off. You have done fantastic so far 22kgs is a great achievement which I am sure you know. Keep at it and you will get into 16's and lower still. Be patient. Try on some of your old clothes to see how much you have lost if you still have some. I kept one pair of my largest pants to remind myself.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk