It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:21 am

Free Newsletter

Just a general question

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Just a general question

Postby carla » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:37 pm

I am curious. How many people here, men or women, have some aspect of themselves, some small, trollish little (or loud) voice within that tells them (often 24/7) that it is not really ok to feel good about themselves, that self-confidence and self-belief is for 'special people' or other people in general but not for them? Where 'loving yourself' is a selfish, shallow thing to do? Where you may even feel undeserving of REALLY feel good about yourself and having self-confidence is 'beyond your ken', your station, your 'place' in life?

Ok so this turned out to be more than 'a' question. But the subject is fairly unified.

Do we feel apologetic for our existence? And like, when someone else gets all the attention/wins the prize/has great self-confidence/has a wonderful loving partner/has heaps of friends/gets invited to everywhere/you name the thing that they get that you dont get.......do you just sort of say so silently to yourself that even you're not hearing it (but you're still saying it)..'well yes, of course. This is just how it is and naturally it's for them/her/him, not me, to have these rewards in life'

That little troll, IMO, is a complete and utter censored and a LIAR and a CON-ARTIST who is soooo sneaky, so beguiling and works so insidiously that we've come to believe this is actually who we are...or are not! And that means the troll is running the show...not ourselves!

What do you think?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:47 am

ok im a bit confused lol. sorta have the jist that it means you dont feel good enough? i ahve those feelings most the time. especially when i go out in public and i feel people are looking at me and i wish i looked like them or something along those lines.... im confused lol
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:48 am

I completely agree! It is only those negative thoughts that we have in our heads that hold us back from being everything we can be. I don't know who this stupid troll thinks he is... but he should be shot :evil:

You are not what you think you are.
You are not what other people think you are.
You are what you think other people think you are...
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:55 am

I believe life is what we make it...The people that you describe that get everything in life etc...do you really know that they are happy with their lot??? Often times we think that the grass is greener in their paddock, but walk a mile in their shoes and you may not think the same. We all have situations crop up in our lives that we can either deal with or not...It is how we choose to deal with issues that defines who we are. The only thing to do with negative thoughts is get rid of them. Replace them with positive ones and if people around you are telling you that you are not good enough, get rid of them. Harsh? No not really, you need to surround yourself with people of the same mind. Negativity can be a real killer to our thinking process and can destroy us, but only if we let it. They are only thoughts after all, when you find yourself thinking negative, change your thinking and think on the positive side of things!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby carla » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:25 pm

Yeah, I guess in my post there's an inbuilt admission that I often don't feel good enough, but what I was getting at is that little voice inside that does the pick pick pick peck peck peck thing...trollish. What Ally said is right on...and SarahH too, for that matter.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby Garfield » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:50 am

My little troll often tells me I'm not good enough, no matter what I do. If I lost weight it tells me that's not good enough, I should lose more or do more exercise and get fitter looking. Last semester at uni I got three high distinctions and one distinction. The little troll complained about the distinction and told me that wasn't good enough. I told the little troll to shut the f up.
But yeah, often the negativity creeps up on you before you realise it and you accidentally start to believe it. It's odd for me because my mum always told me I was the greatest when I was a child and she never pressured me to do any more than what I was doing. Makes me think we're all naturally born with these negative thoughts programmed inside us.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Return to Weight loss Talk