It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Need support - weight loss diary - duromine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Need support - weight loss diary - duromine

Postby nmc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am

Just a few stats to start - 34 years old female 5ft 1 in and mother to 7 month old baby. :D

I have been overweight for most of my adult life and after having my baby have found that I have just been over eating and It has got to the point that I am very depressed and i dont think it is good for by baby to have a mum that is not happy.

I went to my local doctor to see how they could help and the suggested duromine I have been on it for 1 week now and the side effect have been the same as everyone else, headaces, feeling sick, and a bit dizzy.

When I started I weighed 90.2kg and am currently 87.6kg which is a loss of 2.6kg which I am happy with I think I do need to get on a regular gym programe and start eating better meal but feeling quite full which makes it hard.

I guess what I need from you guys is just some support on my posts would be great.

thanks nmc :)

Re: Need support - weight loss diary - duromine

Postby Nel » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:01 am

Good luck with your weight loss efforts :)
Try adding a group fitness session in if you can find some time, I started body balance at the gym at first one day a week, and it's has been so great for my mind and body that I am now more motivated then ever before.
I find a group session help you to feel less alone with the fight and motivational :)
My 2yo is my main motivator too,they make it all worthwhile!
Good luck

Re: Need support - weight loss diary - duromine

Postby Clacena » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 pm

You should be very proud of yourself for talking to your doctor and trying to make the healthy changes. I have been on Duromine and Xenical for 2 weeks now and have lost 3.2KG :).i have about 20 to go. I am quite happy to lose my weight slowly. the gym can be really good but it can also be expensive and hard to motivate yourself to go. i have dogs so i walk them as much as i can and do weights. i find that walking and this is good. Perhaps before going to a gym you could start to walk and maybe take your baby for a nice brisk walk. I know how hard it can be to lose weight but there is plenty of support and remember to never give up and just keep at it and it will come off.

Return to Weight loss Talk