It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Free Newsletter

diheartened by my lack of baggyness.....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

diheartened by my lack of baggyness.....

Postby miss_muffin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:20 am

i'm really needing some help!!!!! i've realised that i'm starting to loose motivation and i SOOO desperately dont want to return to the dark side of the fridge!

im currently very, very big but i've lost 10kg, the only problem is that there is no difference in my body. i thought after 10kg that my pants would be at least a little bit baggy but my clothes are still the same (i still need to stretch everything to make it fit). the scales and tape measure are telling me i'm loosing weight but i dont see or feel it.

what has been the experince of other members???? roughly how much (i know its different for everybody) will i need to loose before i will able to notice it in my clothes????

Postby Serena » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:02 pm

You just have to be patient - it will happen. Sometimes I find that although my clothes seem to fit the same I look better, more toned or streamlined maybe. If you really need to see the benefit of your hard work it sometimes helps to take a photo of yourself once a month in a pair of swimmers then you really can see the difference when you compare them. Maybe there's one less fat roll or a bit less cellulite but it really helps you see that what you're doing is paying off.

Postby Fairie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:06 pm

As Serena said be patience it will happen. I think It was around the 15 kilo before I noticed any difference in my clothes.

I also find it motivating to buy a top (on clearance so it's cheap) in a size or 2 smaller then I get a real buzz when I can get it over my hips :D

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:48 pm

Deb, Go find a really fat photo of yourself and stick it on one of the racks inside your fridge (I'm testing one now to see if the moisture in the fridge will make the photo warp too much)
Each time you go to eat and open the fridge you will be reminded of what you will look like at christmas if you eat something fatty, do the same for the food cupboard.

Then get a photo of yourself when you were younger and slimmer (if you haven't got one cut out a picture from a magazine and stick a photo of your head on it) then place the picture next to the computer screen where you can see it daily.
It'll make you want to stay here at the 'puter rather than getting fat in the kitchen.

Postby emma21 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:20 pm

Ive lost nearly 9kg since I started and I have noticed a bit of difference with my clothes (mostly my pants and shorts)... With 2 pairs of shorts that I regularly wear, they are about 7cm too big and my jeans and other pants are all starting to loosen up too...

I was pretty happy the day i could pull my once tight shorts straight down over my hips when they were still buttoned up.. :lol:

Emma :D

Return to Weight loss Talk