It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

What was the hardest????? (for everybody)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What was the hardest????? (for everybody)

Postby miss_muffin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:47 am

Habit to change when you began your weightloss journey????

For me i guess it was having to drink water and give up my beloved pepsi. the first week was hard but i now find i have no desire to drink anything other than water and my coffee in the morning.

cheers,
deb
miss_muffin

Postby Fairie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:02 pm

For me the hardest to give up was Diet Coke and hot chips. :(

I don't miss the Diet Coke anymore, if I want something fizzy I'll have some Soda Water but the Hot Chips............. sometimes just the smell makes me drool :oops:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Serena » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:07 pm

I love hot chips too and chocolate and even though I didn't have it that often I would have to say that cheesecake is my achilles heel. When I'm feeling low my brain always says "cheesecake will fix that". Luckily cheesecake isn't something you can whip up in 5 minutes and the cheesecake shop shuts at 7pm or I'd be in trouble. One slice of cheesecake can undo a whole weeks worth of good behaviour and I rarely stop at just one slice!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:33 pm

Good question,
For me finding out that only 6 squares of Dairy Milk Chocolate had 8.5g of fat in it, was pretty mind blowing.
It was/is so hard for me to give chocolate up.
I also loved to indulge in hot fries
cheese and fresh baked bread
Eating a little of those things wouldn't be so bad for a weight-loss diet but I mean to say, who can seriously say they can stop at just 3 fries? I'm better off doing away with those things and not sampling the temptations.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 pm

hmmmmm i cant really think of too many..... It's really just cutting back on most things and and eating in moderation...

I guess one of the major habits I had to change was not exercising at all.... now once i get going - theres no stopping me sometimes :D

Emma :lol:
emma21

hardest thing to give up

Postby Summer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:01 am

Definately the hardest thing for me to give up is sweets. I've done it once before that I went 6 months without eating sweets at all. It was the hardest thing I've ever done with eating for the first month. Afterwards, I began to stop craving it. I'm gonna have to do that again, at least with the big sweets with tons of fat (chocolate, ice cream, cake, cookies, you get the point). My problem with sweets is that I get almost addicted to it. If I have a lot of sweets, I start to crave them all the time and if I didn't watch myself, I could easily finish off a whole cake if I allowed myself.
Summer

Postby Dolly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:26 am

Everytime I went off sweets, by the end of the 1st day I got a sugar withdrawal headache. Once the headache got so bad I had to eat a heaped teaspoon of sugar to make the pain go away. I tapered off slowly so I wasn't addicted to the stuff anymore.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:54 am

Sweets are probably my biggest downfall too, Summer. I think I could probably get through an entire baked cheesecake in one day - maybe not in one sitting - but definitely in one day.
Serena

sweet

Postby Summer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:36 am

I definately know what you mean about the cheesecake. My problem is one that runs in my family, at least my mom deals with it pretty hard. One night before she started the Nutrisystem diet, she said that she allowed herself to eat one ice cream bar and by the end of the night she had eaten five of them. It's almost as if we cannot control ourselves in my family. The sugar also has a tendency to throw our emotions off balance too. My sister once expressed to me how depressed she was, almost to the point of having suicidal thoughts. I asked her if she had been indulging in the sweets. She told me that she had and I said to her that she needed to back off of the sweets and see what happens. She did, and sure enough the depression was practically gone.
Summer

Postby Maraver » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:28 am

To be honest when you first start everything is hard I think the hardest thing is the first intial step in watching what you eat
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:46 am

You know if these things run in families then I think we must be related Summer. I have no self-control and if I'm not following an official diet will have a big pig out on the weekend with promises of starting a diet on Monday. I've also noticed the connection between eating lots of crap and really severe mood swings and depression (So has Darren the poor thing!).
Serena

Return to Weight loss Talk