It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:32 am

Free Newsletter

I have a new motivation to lose weight and eat properly

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I have a new motivation to lose weight and eat properly

Postby carla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:13 am

Gallstones :shock: :cry: :cry:

But truly, for the purposes of getting it right with diet and weight-loss, that's a damn good motivation.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:15 am

Oh no you poor thing!

It IS a good motivator though - good luck on your weight loss! You're doing well so far, keep it up!
Mandie

Postby MissE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:05 am

ouch!! you poor thing, thats definately some motivation!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:24 am

That's not good, what are the doctors going to do about it?
Hope you get it sorted quickly and get back to good health.

Maria
Tas
Tas

Postby Livy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:43 am

Hey Girl, I get rid of my gallstones once a year :D Everyone gets them, but it all depends on HOW MANY you get and how LARGE they get.
I do a simple gall bladder cleanse and 'poop' them all out! I would be more than happy to email the recipe to anyone interested in having a go at this marvellous health technique!
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:56 am

wow never heard of that livy let us know!!!

my father in law has gallstones at the moment too carla.. it can make you very sick so i hope you feel better soon sweetie :)
kate_turner2000

Postby carla » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:10 pm

Livy wrote:Hey Girl, I get rid of my gallstones once a year :D Everyone gets them, but it all depends on HOW MANY you get and how LARGE they get.
I do a simple gall bladder cleanse and 'poop' them all out! I would be more than happy to email the recipe to anyone interested in having a go at this marvellous health technique!

Yes...totally...please. Very interested! Pm me please :)

Thanks all for your comfort!
[/url]
carla

Postby Livy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:43 pm

I have had so many requests, I may as well just post the info! :D
Here it is! I am keen to find out how you went and how many you passed if you do it, I am 30, and I passed about 400!! I have only discovered the cleanse a year ago, so I have only done it twice. If you have never done it before, they reccomend you do it once, then once more in 2 weeks, as the first time removes all the small stones, and makes room for the really big ones to come down.

Liver-Gall Bladder Flush

GENERAL INFORMATION

Cleansing the liver of gallstones is all about gaining your health back. It dramatically improves digestion, which is one of the bases of your whole health. Often your allergies can disappear - more with each cleanse you do. Incredibly, it also can eliminate shoulder, upper arm and upper back pain. You have more energy and an increased sense of wellbeing. Therefore, cleansing the liver bile ducts is one of the most powerful procedures that you can do to improve your body’s health.

FUNCTION & STRUCTURE

It is the job of the liver to make bile, 1 - 1 1/2 litres in a day! The liver is full of tubes (bilary tubing) that deliver the bile to one large tube. (the common bile duct). The gall bladder is attached to the common bile duct and acts as a storage reservoir.

Eating fat or protein triggers the gall bladder to squeeze itself empty after about twenty minutes, and the stored bile finishes its trip down the common bile duct to the intestines.

There are other substances that trigger the gall bladder, such as red pepper (cayenne), ginger, and fruit acids. Note - fruit juice is the first thing you have after the cleanse.

GALLSTONES

For many people, including children, the biliary tubing is choked with gallstones. Some develop allergies or hives but some have no symptoms. When the gall bladder is scanned or x-rayed nothing is seen. Typically, they are not in the gall bladder. Not only that, most are too small and are not calcified, a pre-requisite for visibility on x-ray.

There are over half a dozen varieties of gallstones, most of which have cholesterol crystals in them. They can be black, red, white, green or tan colored. As the stones grow and become more numerous, the back-pressure on the liver causes it to make less bile. Imagine the situation if your garden hose had marbles in it. Much less water would flow, which in turn would decrease the ability of the hose to squirt out the marbles. With gallstones, much less cholesterol leaves the body, and cholesterol levels may rise.

Gallstones being porous, can pick up all the bacteria, cysts, viruses and parasites that are passing through the liver. In this way “nestsâ€￾ of infection are formed, forever supplying the body with fresh bacteria. No stomach infection (such as stomach ulcers or intestinal bloating) can be cured permanently without removing these gallstones from the liver.

LIVER CLEANSE

Things you will need:-
4 tblspns Epsom Salts
3/4 cup virgin olive oil
2 large pink grapefruit (or lemons)
(enough, that when squeezed make up 3/4 of a cup of juice)
1 large plastic straw
pint jar with lid

PROCEDURE

Choose two consecutive days when you can carry out the cleanse. The first day when you can complete the cleanse and the next day when you can rest.

MORNING Take no medicine, vitamins or pills that you can do without -they could prevent success

Eat a no fat breakfast and lunch - cooked cereal, fresh fruit, fruit juice, bread and preserves or honey, baked potato or steamed vegetables. Do not include any butter or milk and season only with sea salt.

2.00PM Do not eat or drink after 2pm.

Get your Epsom salts ready. Mix 4 tblspns in 3 cups of water and pour into the jar. This makes 4 servings, 3/4 cup each. Put the jar into the fridge to get ice cold (this is for convenience and taste only.)

6.00PM Drink ONE serving (3/4 cup) of the ice cold Epsom salts. You may add 1/4 tsp vitamin c powder to improve taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth.

Get out the olive oil and grapefruit juice to warm up.

8.00PM Repeat by drinking another serving of Epsom salts.

You haven’t eaten since 2pm but you won’t feel hungry. Get your bedtime chores done. The timing is critical for success - don’t be more than 10 minutes early or late.

9.45PM Pour 3/4 cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar. Squeeze the grapefruit or lemon by hand into the measuring cup Remove pulp with a fork. You should have at least 3/4 cup. Add this to the olive oil. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery (only fresh grapefruit juice does this)

Now visit the bathroom. Don’t be more than 15mins. late.

10.00PM Drink the grapefruit juice and the olive oil mixture. Drinking through a straw helps to get it down easier. Take it to your bedside if you want, but drink it standing up. Consume the contents within 5 minutes.

LIE DOWN IMMEDIATELY. Be ready for bed before you drink the mixture and don’t clean the kitchen. Lie down flat with the pillow under your shoulders and your head at the top of the pillow. Remain as still as possible for at least 20 minutes. Think about what is happening in your liver.

NEXT MORNING
Upon awakening (not before 6.00AM) take your third serve of Epsom Salts. If you have indigestion or nausea, wait until it is gone before drinking the Epsom Salts. You may go back to bed.

2 HOURS LATER
Take your final serve of Epsom salts. You may go back to bed.

2 HOURS LATER
You May eat:-
Start with fresh fruit juice.
Half an hour later eat fruit
One hour later you may eat regular food, but keep it light. By supper you should feel recovered.

HOW WELL DID YOU DO?

Expect diarrhea in the morning. Use a flashlight to look for gallstones in the toilet with the bowel movement. Look for the green kind as this is proof that they are genuine gallstones, not food residue. Only bile from the liver is pea green. The bowel movement will sink to the bottom, but the gallstones will float because of the cholesterol inside. Count all stones roughly, whether tan or green. You will need to total approximately 2000 stones before the liver is clean enough to help rid you of allergies and bursitis or upper back pain permanently.

The first cleanse may rid you of them for a few days, but as the stones from the rear travel forward, they give the same symptoms again. You may repeat the cleanse at two week intervals. Never cleanse when you are ill.

Sometimes the bile ducts are full of cholesterol crystals that did not form into round stones. They appear as “chaffâ€￾ floating on top of the toilet bowel water. It may be tan colored harboring millions of tiny white crystals, Cleansing this chaff is just as important as purging stones.

The liver cleanse is very safe, but occasionally you can feel quite ill for one or two days afterwards.

It is recommended to flush your liver/gallbladder twice per year.

Adapted with the authors permission from-
“THE CURE FOR ALL CANCERSâ€￾ Hulda Regehr Clark, PhD,ND
Copyright 1993
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:53 pm

wow thats interesting livy i think i might do that once i reach my goal and im about to start maintenance. give my body a fresh start i guess you could say. i thought you put epsom salts in the bath? lol. what do they taste like?
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:57 pm

from these lines

Put the jar into the fridge to get ice cold (this is for convenience and taste only.)

6.00PM Drink ONE serving (3/4 cup) of the ice cold Epsom salts. You may add 1/4 tsp vitamin c powder to improve taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth.

I would guess it doesn't taste good...

but then things that are good for you rarely do![/quote]
Mandie

Postby Livy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:26 pm

Epsom salts are great in the bath, but have been used forever to 'loosen the bowels' if you know what I mean, it's a well known laxative. They are absolutely FOUL!!! They taste really bitter and just gross!
Don't put off doing the cleanse, it will help you to lose weight!! I lose 4kgs each time I do this, even though it's just fluid, but some is all those gallstones!
Livy

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:29 pm

Hey Carla I don't know how bad your gallstones are but a bit of advice from someone who has had them....avoid fatty food (good for weight loss), spicy foods, wholemeal breads and stone fruit. You may be able to have some of these in moderation, but be careful that as it can set of an attack....as I said I am not sure how bad yours are...I had mine removed 14 years ago now.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 pm

I hope your feeling better soon- let us know if you give the cleanse a go !!!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:09 am

that article terrified me!
does everyone have gall stones?
2000 aswell, how big are these things?
Jisgone

Postby carla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:34 am

Im definately going to give it a go! Really fascinating to read. I was particularly having bells going off about the hives and strange aches and pains stuff, and the lack of energy. I have had these things occuring for about the last 6 to 7 years. I NEVER used to break out in rashes or have any sort skin problems, nor experience the kind of feelings of just general lethargy and so on that I do now, and strange aches and pains. Makes heaps of sense to me.

But Im going to have to psyche myself up for it. For one thing, I HATE feeling ill and I HATE diarrhorea. But Ive been wanting to do the liver-cleansing diet for some time so maybe this would be a good thing to do afterwards.
[/url]
carla

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk