It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Free Newsletter

I have a new motivation to lose weight and eat properly

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fairie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:59 am

I wish I had this info before I had my Gallbladder out I would have tried it.

I wonder if I could get my son to try it as he is having probs but I don't think he would have the nerve to do it. :P
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Livy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:11 pm

They say passing a gallstone is more painful than childbirth. Honestly guys, I have done it, and it's really not that bad. Not when you consider how yucky being ill is. :D It is a couple of days of feeling a bit under the weather for a massive health benifit.... Come on.... be tough... give it a go, I promise it will be worth it!
Livy

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:23 pm

I think you meant kidney stone there...

gall stone passing should not be painful, the uh.. "passage" is rather big and stretchy and they won't be bigger than that!

these do definitely seem to show benefits for some people... won't necessarily "cure" you if you have big stones though, because sometimes they won't budge, and you do need surgery... also if you get to the point where the gall bladder becomes inflamed, you will get surgery...

seems like it might be a good idea to do maybe 1-2 times a year (not more than that!)

that's just my medical perspective :)
Mandie

Postby carla » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:34 am

I've had kidney stones too. Once. The pain is *shocking*...worse than giving birth, namely because at least with birth pain you know there is something coming that makes it all worth it.

This pain, gallstones, was horrible, but I have to admit, no where near as bad as kidney stone pain. Shudder!

However, I do wonder how painful it will be when they're still passing in the biliary duct system, before the reach the intestines. Im not really looking forward to that.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:40 am

glad passing gallstones isnt like childbirth! i wouldnt be game enough to try it if it was! *shudder* i just keep remembering those 17.5hours of labour :S
kate_turner2000

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:59 am

Whoops :oops: You are right Mandie, I buggered that up, I meant kidney stones. You don't even feel gallstones come out, it's just like going to the toilet and pooing out pebbles! Doesn't hurt a bit!

Are you a Dr Mandie?
Livy

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:24 am

almost! assuming I pass my exams next week, I have one year to go...
Mandie

Postby Jisgone » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:29 pm

When your qualified mandie im coming straight to you!
I dont like my gp, i go in feeling like he thinks im lying about everything i say, and hes always in and out in under 3 minutes.
To make matters worse he never says whats wrong, he just says take these and youll be fine. I guess some doctors are just in it for the money!
Jisgone

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:40 pm

I had my gallblader taken out 2 years ago and OMG! The pain I used to experience was SHOCKING! Sometimes the pain would last up to 8 hours! I would rather child birth, quite frankly! :wink: :x
Kylie

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:37 pm

hehe thanks Jewles!!

I think there are a LOT of great doctors out there.. but unfortunately there are some not so great ones as well.

Remember, (unless you live in a country town and ther eis only one doctor) YOU HAVE A CHOICE! You can go to a new GP in a different suburb or find another one somewhere - ask friends for recommendations maybe?

Its important you have a good relationship with your doctor. You need to feel comfortable discussing all sorts of things with them (things you woudln't tell anyone else!) and you need to feel listened to and cared for! They should explain everything to you and you should understand, and even more importantly, you should feel comfortable enough to ask questions or for clarification.

Good luck, remember you don't have to settle for second best.. a great doctor can be SO helpful in so many aspects of your life.. you deserve it!
Mandie

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk