It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Any tips for shift workers?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Any tips for shift workers?

Postby lilunoz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi all

So I have woken up this morning all positive and ready to start changing my eating habits. I started the emotional food diary yesterday and have jotted down goals. However even before I complete the food diary I know exactly what word will get used over and over- tired!

I work 7 days out of fortnight and in that time I will either get up at 230am to start work at 4am and finish at 1430 or I will start at 1430 and finish at about 3am.

Tiredness is the bad time for me, that's when I really really crave junk food and more often than not reach for a can of coke.

So if there are any shift workers on here that can give me any pointers, that'd be great and any alternatives to cans of coke would be very greatfully received

Cheers

Laura
lilunoz

Re: Any tips for shift workers?

Postby patrickkallie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:58 am

I used to work the night shift back in the day, so I know exactly what you are going through. One thing that helped me out was to "gradually" stop bringing the bad food to work with me. This is something that does work, but you just have to use a lot of discipline.

Don't punish yourself if you have a slip up one day and eat the wrong foods. Just try to do better the next day and make better choices and after a while eating healthy will become a habit and you won't have to "think" about it.
patrickkallie

Return to Weight loss Talk