It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am

Free Newsletter

Exercising and gained weight!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercising and gained weight!

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:27 am

Ok nothing is more annoying than doing the right thing and then gaining weight!! Grrrrrrrrrrr
I have been exercising and eating very sensibly and the scales tell it as it is!
BUT, my clothes are looser - so there might be some muscle building up!
Gotta keep going now....

Maria
Tas

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:31 am

Maria if your clothes feel a little loser and you feel better about yourself then the scales be damned I say.

I have to agree with you though. I never mind an increase in the scales or anywhere for that matter when I deserve it but when the hard work is put in and the scales don't register a change that is annoying. It could be your composition changing as in more muscle.

Keep at it Maria. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:53 am

Hi maria

agree with kim it can be frustrating because the exercise feels really good too and then you stand on the scales and it hasnt moved. it could be muscle being built or your weight is shifting. water retention and so on. keep your chin up, those clothes must be looking fab on you!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:28 am

agree with the above, you're just gaining muscle!

a good way to measure your progress might be the ol' measuring tape.. you said your clothes are looser so you must be losing/toning, the measuring tape can help monitor your progress better than the scales sometimes!
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:15 pm

Tas - I have been doing more exercise and eating better than I have in AGES over the last two weeks. I've exercised at least 30 minutes of cardio on 11 days out of the last 15!

I made myself a rule on this star challenge NOT to get on the scales until the end of the month....

But I cheated this morning after reading your post, and jumped on the scales at the gym!

And yes, the scales say I have gained weight!!!!

But - like you, I have noticed my clothes getting looser, and I KNOW I am getting healthier.. just have to ignore those censored scales and know that they will shift downward eventually!

I'm going to do all my measurements at the end of the month and will see where i stand.

Hang in there, the scales hate me too! :lol:
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:21 pm

and ya know what else?

I feel good. I feel happy, and confident, and I have more energy. I've increased the amount of cardiovascular exercise I can do without getting puffed, so I KNOW I am getting fitter.

If I never lose this weight, if I am destined to stay 116-117kg forever...

I'd rather be a happy, fit fat girl than a miserable, unfit one.

So the scales can bugger off, I don't need them, because I feel great! 8)
Mandie

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:37 pm

i agree the scales are such finincky things . I couldnt resist on jumping on this morn and they havent budged but my tummy is alot less bloated . When i was doing the brekkie dishes i noticed my tummy didnt hit the bench as much heh
It would be muscle i reckon tas . Go with the old measuring tape thats what the chemist said would be a more acrurrate way
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks for the ecnouragement!
I called in to a store to pick up a Christmas present for a friend I could not resist trying on a size 14 shorts and they fit and was even losse!! Go figure huh!!
No more scales for me for a MONTH! :roll:

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:55 pm

well done maria! i bet that felt great to try on something that fit instead of reaching for the bigger size off the rack! did you end up buying them?
kate_turner2000

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 pm

No I didn't buy them :D
I thought I would wait until I could fit loosly in to a size 12 :twisted:
I will get there...
But you know what? I was just watching Dr Phils weightloss challenge and he refuses to call it diet - as you ARE allowed to eat normally, just simply smaller portions and not eat those things on a daily basis!
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Return to Weight loss Talk