It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:48 am

Free Newsletter

Losing weight after postpartum

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing weight after postpartum

Postby Phat-Beth » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:44 am

I realized that after my first pregnancy i had accumulated lots of weight and wanted to go back to my usual weight but that was not easy. Weight gain is common especially during pregnancy hence it becomes a challenge trying to shade off the 10-15kgs. Most women end up having postpartum depression.

My life changed after the 2nd child i resolved to lose weight change my lifestyle kicked off junk and let me say that this bore fruit because 6months to 1 year i had shade off more than 10kgs. Before my 1st pregnancy i was weighing 55kgs but back then i was just a girl, so i understand but now after the baby i went up to 74kg. After the 2nd child i weighed 65kgs which am currently trying to maintain. Let me say that diet change together with aerobics really helped me. One thing I can recommend is detoxifying the body which i did by juicing using vegetables this not only helped me lose weight but also was very effective since the nutrients were going straight to the cells. I exercised in the house using video DVD this needed discipline but let me assure i got used to it exercised 3times a week.

I wish anyone on that journey not to give up stay focused as i did and you will achieve your ultimate goal.

Phat-Beth
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sig advertisement.
Phat-Beth

Re: Losing weight after postpartum

Postby priteshppt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello,

what is the idea behind the use of DVD to reduce weight? Is there any exercise program or any tips to maintain minimum required weight or something else...Hoping for response...
priteshppt

Postby raymondebontrager » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 am

Why you should try some natural diets plans there are a Lot of them..just look for the one will fit to you..or also visit an nutritionist so that he or she could advice you what will be the right diet program for you.
raymondebontrager

Postby pryorl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:55 am

priteshppt wrote:Hello,

what is the idea behind the use of DVD to reduce weight? Is there any exercise program or any tips to maintain minimum required weight or something else...Hoping for response...

to maintain weight energy expenditure should equal energy input (food intake). So work out a regular exercise/activity that you enjoy and do it regularly. Once your healthy levels of exercise are right (because exercise has many more benefits than just weight loss), you shoudl be able to gauge your required food intake depending on what the sacles are doing every 2-3 days. if they are going up slightly eat a little less or make healthier food choices, if they are going down and you want to maintain your weight eat a little more.
hope this helps
pryorl

Postby nathanjbrown1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:53 pm

pryorl wrote:
priteshppt wrote:Hello,

to maintain weight energy expenditure should equal energy input (food intake). So work out a regular exercise/activity that you enjoy and do it regularly. Once your healthy levels of exercise are right (because exercise has many more benefits than just weight loss), you shoudl be able to gauge your required food intake depending on what the sacles are doing every 2-3 days. if they are going up slightly eat a little less or make healthier food choices, if they are going down and you want to maintain your weight eat a little more.
hope this helps

Yeah you guys are right... excessive exercise will one factor on losing weight in safest ways and effective...and self controlled to what you are eating and if you eat those foods that have high content of calories,fats and sugar....you must burn in immediately so that it will not add to your weight .
nathanjbrown1

Return to Weight loss Talk