Sooo after searching the net for a couple of weeks and realising how much stuff there is out there when the term 'weight loss' is entered, I thought I might start my own blog to post to help everyone out in the big wide world how to lose weight and keep it off!
After reading numerous books, blogs and personal stories I think I have finally cracked the code to achieving the most effective method to lose weight! Now nothing and no one is perfect therefore I can understand that not everything is either right or wrong so it’s up to you guys if you want my advice but all I can say is if you follow what I have to say I can guarantee you will lose and maintain your weight!
First thing is first, below are a set of rules for this 30 day program. If you can’t follow the rules below then don’t bother trying. It is all or nothing here.....
1) No alcohol: if you can’t go 30 days without a drink then you aren’t serious about losing weight and this isn’t for you.
2) No dairy, yes no dairy. Use unsweetened almond milk in place of regular milk or even soy milk.
(check out this website about dairy after doing a bit of research it is important you get over the whole dairy hype that exists http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
3) no fruit juices, no fruit smoothies, no soda, no sports drinks. The previous mentioned all contain tons of sugar which makes you gain weight. Sugar is sugar people, doesn’t matter if it comes from fruit or skittles!
If you are really craving something sweet grab a can of coke zero (if you can do without, good for you! only give in if you absolutely have to as this stuff is horrible for your health)
4) you drink nothing but water, again nothing but water. If you need a cup of coffee in the morning fine. Other than that nothing but water...And lotssssss of it guys carry around a drink bottle wherever you go!
cardio is to be done as soon as you wake up every morning for 45 mins to an hour on an empty stomach. You don’t have to go to the gym, you can walk around your neighbourhood, jog, do an aerobics class on your TV, treadmill etc.
alternating cardio: if possible I would like all of you do alternate cardio, meaning one morning if you can get on a treadmill walk at 4mph at around 10% incline then maybe the next morning you ride the bike or Stairmaster
diet: below are the following things you will eat. If it isn’t listed you aren’t eating it...simple
1) breakfast after morning cardio: 1 serving of low sugar cereal or half a cup of oatmeal and 8-10 egg whites (women cut servings in half) 2 table spoons of all natural no sodium almond butter
2) mid morning: protein shake with almond milk or water (men 45-50 grams) women half
3) lunch: 10 ounces of fish, chicken or ground turkey, 1 cup of steamed broccoli or 8 ounces of asparagus
4) second lunch: 4-6 ounces of protein mentioned above, same servings green vegetables. 2 table spoons of all natural no sodium almond butter
5) post workout protein shake
6) dinner: 8-10 ounces of chicken, fish, ground turkey or lean flank steak and 2-3 servings of green vegetables
7) no food before bed. If you are absolutely dying of starvation then try mixing 1 serving of plain fat free Greek yogurt with 1.5 scoops of chocolate protein powder. Makes great tasting pudding.
1) carry a water bottle with you all day and keep refilling. Try to drink 16-20 ounces of water per hour. Water is your new best friend. Staying hydrated kills hunger cravings.
2) drink 12 ounces of water before meals, will keep you from over eating and 50% of the time when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty
3) notice other than breakfast we aren’t eating any carbs throughout the day that are not green vegetables. Stick to this. If you cheat you are only letting yourself down.
4) Do not season foods with salt. Use no sodium seasonings for the meats and fish. For the green vegetables, say if you are making a salad. Stick to low fat vinaigrette's. Read labels. If it is high in fat or sugar you don’t want it. Absolutely no blue cheese or ranch. Again that is dairy. Try using plain pepper, herbs and spices like paprika!
5) Cookies, crackers, protein bars, and granola bars... all that crap is no more. If it isn’t mentioned above it isn’t being eaten.
cardio is to be done every morning on empty stomach. Weights are also greatly advised on top of your 45min of cardio each day!
The first couple of days you may feel lethargic and feel as though you could eat a whole loaf of bread, when you get to about day 5/6 you will never have felt better! You will feel energetic, bright and ready to go physically and mentally! By the end of the month you will have lost at least 7-10kg depending on your % of body fat, the more you have the more you’ll lose guys!
By the end of the 30days I challenge anyone who can honestly say they can’t and do not feel like they want to continue to eat like this!
Please ask lots of questions I am very happy to help!