It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Free Newsletter

ONLY way to lose weight fast, effectively and maintain it

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

ONLY way to lose weight fast, effectively and maintain it

Postby alwilliams » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:16 am

Sooo after searching the net for a couple of weeks and realising how much stuff there is out there when the term 'weight loss' is entered, I thought I might start my own blog to post to help everyone out in the big wide world how to lose weight and keep it off!
After reading numerous books, blogs and personal stories I think I have finally cracked the code to achieving the most effective method to lose weight! Now nothing and no one is perfect therefore I can understand that not everything is either right or wrong so it’s up to you guys if you want my advice but all I can say is if you follow what I have to say I can guarantee you will lose and maintain your weight!

First thing is first, below are a set of rules for this 30 day program. If you can’t follow the rules below then don’t bother trying. It is all or nothing here.....

1) No alcohol: if you can’t go 30 days without a drink then you aren’t serious about losing weight and this isn’t for you.

2) No dairy, yes no dairy. Use unsweetened almond milk in place of regular milk or even soy milk.
(check out this website about dairy after doing a bit of research it is important you get over the whole dairy hype that exists http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/)

3) no fruit juices, no fruit smoothies, no soda, no sports drinks. The previous mentioned all contain tons of sugar which makes you gain weight. Sugar is sugar people, doesn’t matter if it comes from fruit or skittles!
If you are really craving something sweet grab a can of coke zero (if you can do without, good for you! only give in if you absolutely have to as this stuff is horrible for your health)

4) you drink nothing but water, again nothing but water. If you need a cup of coffee in the morning fine. Other than that nothing but water...And lotssssss of it guys carry around a drink bottle wherever you go!

Cardio:
cardio is to be done as soon as you wake up every morning for 45 mins to an hour on an empty stomach. You don’t have to go to the gym, you can walk around your neighbourhood, jog, do an aerobics class on your TV, treadmill etc.

alternating cardio: if possible I would like all of you do alternate cardio, meaning one morning if you can get on a treadmill walk at 4mph at around 10% incline then maybe the next morning you ride the bike or Stairmaster

diet: below are the following things you will eat. If it isn’t listed you aren’t eating it...simple

1) breakfast after morning cardio: 1 serving of low sugar cereal or half a cup of oatmeal and 8-10 egg whites (women cut servings in half) 2 table spoons of all natural no sodium almond butter

2) mid morning: protein shake with almond milk or water (men 45-50 grams) women half

3) lunch: 10 ounces of fish, chicken or ground turkey, 1 cup of steamed broccoli or 8 ounces of asparagus

4) second lunch: 4-6 ounces of protein mentioned above, same servings green vegetables. 2 table spoons of all natural no sodium almond butter

5) post workout protein shake

6) dinner: 8-10 ounces of chicken, fish, ground turkey or lean flank steak and 2-3 servings of green vegetables

7) no food before bed. If you are absolutely dying of starvation then try mixing 1 serving of plain fat free Greek yogurt with 1.5 scoops of chocolate protein powder. Makes great tasting pudding.

Tips:
1) carry a water bottle with you all day and keep refilling. Try to drink 16-20 ounces of water per hour. Water is your new best friend. Staying hydrated kills hunger cravings.

2) drink 12 ounces of water before meals, will keep you from over eating and 50% of the time when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty

3) notice other than breakfast we aren’t eating any carbs throughout the day that are not green vegetables. Stick to this. If you cheat you are only letting yourself down.

4) Do not season foods with salt. Use no sodium seasonings for the meats and fish. For the green vegetables, say if you are making a salad. Stick to low fat vinaigrette's. Read labels. If it is high in fat or sugar you don’t want it. Absolutely no blue cheese or ranch. Again that is dairy. Try using plain pepper, herbs and spices like paprika!

5) Cookies, crackers, protein bars, and granola bars... all that crap is no more. If it isn’t mentioned above it isn’t being eaten.

Workouts:
cardio is to be done every morning on empty stomach. Weights are also greatly advised on top of your 45min of cardio each day!

The first couple of days you may feel lethargic and feel as though you could eat a whole loaf of bread, when you get to about day 5/6 you will never have felt better! You will feel energetic, bright and ready to go physically and mentally! By the end of the month you will have lost at least 7-10kg depending on your % of body fat, the more you have the more you’ll lose guys!
By the end of the 30days I challenge anyone who can honestly say they can’t and do not feel like they want to continue to eat like this!

Please ask lots of questions I am very happy to help!
alwilliams

Re: ONLY way to lose weight fast, effectively and maintain i

Postby Shay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi there!

Normally, I could say that I have no problems trying to follow that routine. But atm I'm breastfeeding. How could I tweak it so that it works for me?

For the morning cardio, can I have coffee beforehand?
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks alwilliams, for posting your blog article here. It looks as if you've done your homework, and there are many pieces of common-sense in it. I agree with the references to almond milk - something that I recently discovered and now use instead of both dairy and soy milk.
CronicBadger

Postby alwilliams » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Cronicbadger - Thanks, I'm crazy about almond milk atm, have you tried almond butter?

Shay - I have never breastfead myself and and to be honest know very little about high protein/low carb diets and they're effects on breastfeeding.. however what i can recommend is that you start very gradually and see if it has any effect on your milk supply. In your case i would still include some Carbohydrates, these would best be taken straight after your morning exercise! However you can still most definetely stay away from white bread/pasta/rice, potatoes etc. Things you could eat after your morning work out would be something like sweet potatoes salmon or tuna patties there are lots of recipes out there - filling, extremely healthy and very yummy! Maybe even snack on some almonds throughout the day, and when i say snack not 8 handfuls ;) take a small handful, or count out around 10. The most important thing you can do is to not let yourself GET HUNGRY! make sure you always have some food at hand! a good idea is to make some snack at the start of the week, my favourite is egg white frittatas! i then just keep them in the fridge and whenever i feel peckish i just go straight for the fridge. The reason its so important, especially for you since your breastfeeding is that when your body gets hungry and stays hungry as most of you probably know it goes into 'starvation mode'
1. Your not going to be losing any weight
2. Your body is going to retain all the nutirents it can, thus causing the amount and quality of your milk to drop.
As for the morning coffee, I dont know how much you know in regards to the effects of caffeine on weight loss however i will say that if you can do without...DO WITHOUT :) You should find that within the first 10-15 min of exercising you will feel much more awake anyway, and the sooner you stop the easier it gets, within 2-3 weeks you shouldn't be craving coffee at all.

Hope this helps let me know if theres anything else!
goodluck with your bubba!
alwilliams

Postby Shay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks for that!

I'm a wholegrain and fresh produce person, but I do think I probably need to substitute some of those carbs for vegies. And I'll tell my brain a glass of water is just as good as my coffee mmmmm-mmmm hehe.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby priteshppt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Hello,

I also would like to share some tips over here. My tips are somehow different from yours, although you have been posted very effective way's to reduce weight and stay fit but my tips can give you additional advice to keep yourself fit and fine.

1) Start your day 1 hour earlier. if this is not possible, don’t worry about it. If you normally wake up at 7AM, start your day at 6AM.
2) Take a brisk walk for about 30 minutes in the morning.
3) Eat a very healthy breakfast. NEVER skip your breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and there are many nutritional benefits of eating breakfast. Breakfast equips you with all the energy your body and brain needs to carry on your morning activities till it takes you to lunch time.
4) Eat a balanced lunch. Do not overeat at any time. Even your breakfast, do not overeat. Eat just enough to keep you hunger pangs at bay.
5) During the day have smaller and frequent eating breaks if you like. Just do not overeat at any time. If you are hungry you may want to have a small snack, instead of a full lunch or meal.
6) Drink a lot of water during the day. Drink a glass of water every 2 hours or so. Try to finish 2 liters of water during the day. This will keep your body hydrated and also reduce your hunger pangs a bit.
7) Now to the most important part (this has the maximum impact) : Eat a light dinner, preferably just fruits and salad. Try to avoid eating meat during dinner. This may be a tough one.
8 ) There are people who eat just oatmeal for dinner - at least 5 times a week. This is the best meal you can have for dinner. Not only does it satisfy your appetite, it gets digested very easily, due to it’s high fiber content it will also help clear your bowels smoothly.
9) Minimize on alcohol consumption: a lot of times we tend to overeat while or after drinking.
10) Drink 2 cups of green tea each day - preferably without sugar and cream and avoid tea or coffee if possible.
11) Try to walk as much as possible each day. Park a little away from your office and walk it. Go walking to your grocery store or to the library. Take your kids for a walk in the park. Go hiking when possible.
12) Do not sleep on a full stomach. Do some light activity after your dinner till you go to sleep.Do not eat while watching TV - you often do not realize how much you have eaten!
priteshppt

Postby alwilliams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 am

Thankyou priteshppt, however i have to personally disagree with a few of your tips.
Tip 4) when you say 'eat just enough to keep your hunger pains at bay' this shouldn't be the case. Eat until you feel satisfied. Otherwise you WILL end up snacking on 'evil' food.
Tip 7) It is paramount that you eat a full and substantial dinner, especially if you plan on exercising on an empty stomach in the morning. 'fruits and salad' for dinner? you want to be eating PROTEIN and VEGGIES! and lots of it! fruit, if eaten at all during the first stage of this diet should only be eaten in the morning.
Tip 8) 'oatmeal for dinner'? I dont think this tip has any relation to my points and is quite the reverse. Oatmeal could on the odd occasion be eaten for breakfast - pancakes etc, however for dinner it has no weight loss benefits at all.
Sorry to be picky but if people really want to lose weight the way i have stated, then some of the things you have said need to be 'picked' at.
Otherwise you have given some great ideas, especially about parking your car further away from work,shops etc :)
alwilliams

Postby Grapefruit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I think there are some good tips in there and you will definitely lose weight from this, but I for one would NEVER be able to stick to this long term.

Your body needs energy in the form of some carbs to be able to exercise with enough energy. Carbs are not that bad people! Fruit is high in fibre and very nutritious with natural sugars...2-3 pieces a day is not bad, it is good for you. You just wouldn't have 3 bananas! You could have 1 small banana, 1 punnet strawberries (these are not high carb) and a mandarin. Much better for you than processed crap. People say dinner should be a small meal and that is half truth, but I am very prone to night time binging so I need a good dinner. I have been having 100gr lean chicken, beef or pork of a night with 1 small mashed potato and lots of greens and I feel full AND i've been losing weight! People think bread is evil, but you just have to choose the right kind. 2 slices burgen bread wholemeal and seeds is packed with fibre, 10g protein, 6 g good fats and only 17g carbs.

It's not just about losing weight, you have to be looking after your body and give it what it needs and IMO going no carb and therefore no fruit and no starchy veggies and no dairy (low fat dairy is fine so long as it isn't packed with added sugar) is saying that your health comes 2nd to weight loss. It should be a balance of the 2.

You have to be happy while you're being healthy and losing weight or you just binge and pack it all back on, and then some...trust me, i've done this dance a million times and I feel like i've finally figured out what works for me and that is a balance of the things I enjoy and the things that are good for me and giving my body what it needs, along with exercise exercise exercise - for me I love the high intensity stuff...walking is boring for me. Each to their own.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby alwilliams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks Grapefruit, you made some good points however the type of diet you describe would be more suitable for maintenance rather than weight loss. As i said sugar is sugar, whether its from lollies or a bannana and therefore if you were really trying to lose weight i would limit yourself to 2 servings of fruit per day, eaten before midday.

No dairy in not just a diet, but in the long run can have huge beneficial effects on your health, and is definitely worth researching. I understand that there needs to be a balance of everything, and thats where the word MODERATION comes into play. Carbs in moderation are OK, as long as they are brown, wholemeal/ wholegrain, low GI etc
alwilliams

Postby Grapefruit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Yeah, see I still disagree...I have lost nearly 10kgs and have been eating fruit every single day as well as bread and a few times a week a small serve of pasta or rice. BUT, I also exercise 5-6 days a week at high intensity. There is no way I would have the energy to do what I do without some decent carbs. The above diet is a typical day for me and i'm still losing weight on the scales and going down in dress sizes. I agree that processed sugar is not good, but natural sugars in moderation - nothing wrong with it IMO and has been working just fine for me.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby alwilliams » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:24 am

I understand what your saying, however..dont knock it until you've tried it ;) For the first couple of days you will feel lethargic and hazy, but if you make it through you'll never have felt better! You will feel energetic, motivated and ALIVE!
Weightloss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, hence if you were to eat the way i described and went for a 30min walk every day you would lose a substantial amount of weight.

Everyone is different and if you are pleased with your progress, which you should be then good on you!
..nevertheless if you wanted to take it to the next level, give it a go!!

what have you got to lose ;)
alwilliams

Postby Fallonw » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:45 am

What happened to everyone learning about the food pyramid in school? Everything is ok in moderation.

I find that if I have a banana smoothie (banana, skim milk, ice) for breakfast, salad sandwhich (wholemeal) for lunch and salads with tuna for dinner then I can lose on average a healthy 1kg a week.

I think changing someones diet too much will just end in failure because they are not used to it. Changes in my opinion should be made gradually in order for it to succeed.

I find that if I choose to cut out junk food completely that it is easier for me to handle than just having it on a friday night. I don't have the best self control when it comes to chocolate so if I buy a block and tell myself only to eat 2 squares, I am still most likely to eat the whole thing :/

I guess I cant really comment. I am a yo-yo dieter. When I fall off the wagon I do so for a few months then get back onto the healthy eating.

I eat a lot of tuna and salmon but only mince meat about once a week. My protein intake has never been very good. Does anyone have any tips on how I can increase that without having to eat steaks for dinner?
Fallonw

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:33 pm

@Fallonw

I find that if I fall off the wagon, it's better to treat it as a minor fluctuation (looking at weight-loss in the long term, a day or two of binging doesn't have an adverse affect) that will be smoothed over by more days of correct eating. In the past if I treated it as a "disaster" or "failure" then I would just use it as an excuse to throw in the towel and eat some more, and more... which was a really silly self-defeating attitude.

As for no-meat protein, I get most of mine from micoprotein (science-fictionish fungus grown in vats). Quorn brand is pretty good - check the Coles supermarket freezer section for their bright orange boxes. They do sausages, burgers, chicken-style fillets and nuggets (both absolutely delicious!), pasties , lasagne, etc. Most of it has the same texture and taste as chicken breast, but it does vary for each product since it absorbs the flavour of whatever ingredients are with it. The snags and fillets are almost fat free, but others such as the pasties and sausage rolls have a high vegetable fat content. Some people might be allergic to this stuff, but it's rarer and less pronounced than allergies to soy or wheat). Incidentally, the patent for this stuff recently expired, so now its open to any food company to make - I've read that Sanitarium is looking into it, so hopefully we may get some Australian-style micoprotein products.
CronicBadger

Postby 0be0ne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:37 am

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this site, but was interested to read the post by alwilliams.
I have been doing most all of what was advised for 9 months and it worked for me. I started on Australia day this year after seeing a group of friends who all looked fantastic and were all following a similar eating plan.
I went on to drop 5 kgs before March which put me on 50kg, at 5ft 3. My hubby has lost 15kg to date, and is down to 81kg.at 6ft. We had joked about him looking about 5 months pregnant on Christmas night, after a long month of parties and entertaining clients - drinking.... and now he has a 6 pack!
I read a lot of books backing up this way of eating.It's common sense really and mostly just 'eat real, clean, fresh food'. I chucked out ( well gave away) everything in boxes packets etc, and now have a heaving fridge because everything is fresh. Meat, fruit and veg, eggs, fish, and a range of nuts.
I limit my fruit to a very small serve, and usually only blueberries or strawberries to get the most nutrition for each serve. My kids can eat whatever fruit they want of course as does my hubby. He is a very active sportsman. I am not. He still likes his wine/beer, me only very occasionally.
I don't buy or eat rice,pasta, bread or potatoes. After the 1st month I don't miss them at all. You get proudly creative with your cooking and there's fantastic flavours in fresh herbs of course.
I just thought I'd add my humble opinion to the conversation :wink:
0be0ne

Postby Clacena » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 pm

I have to say this but this its just like every other yo yo diet and once you stop it will all go back on again. there is no way a person can eat like this for an extended period of time. Fast weight loss is bad for your body loosing 1/2 to 1kg a week is healthy. this is just not a realistic option and is so unhealthy.
Clacena

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk