It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

tips on my diet please?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

tips on my diet please?

Postby thejohnphenomenon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I've been trying to lose weight for two months now, and I haven't seen any real results. Can someone give me tips on my diet? What am I doing wrong? Here's a basic rundown of my daily food intake:

Any combination of the following:
-two slices of whole wheat high fiber toasted bread with light margarine (no cholesterol 50& less fat and salt)
-instant 100& wholegrain oatmeal with 2% fat milk (occasionally, I have the banana and honey flavor and other times I just eat it with bananas)
-low fat whole wheat cereal with the same milk
-2-4 hard boiled eggs

One of these:
-oven-cooked chicken breast or fish fillet with either a baked patato or mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, and peas) with a little of the light margarine
-green salad with iceberg lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, hard boiled egg (sometimes with tuna or cashew nuts) and no/low fat caesar or italian dressing

One of these:
-tuna or chicken breast sandwich with lettuce on whole wheat with light mayo

I also snack often in between meals with fruits such as bananas, apples, oranges, grapes or with a little of the salad.

Anyway, what could I do to improve my diet? What am I doing wrong? Why have not seen any results? I exercise every day from 30-60 mins (swimming, jogging, kickboxing and strength training)

Re: tips on my diet please?

Postby Grapefruit » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm

What is your gender, height and current weight? How long have you been eating this way?

All of the food you have listed is very healthy and nutritious but the thing is, that it has to be balanced every day. You have listed typical meals, but combine them one way and the diet is great, combine them the other way it could be too high in fat or carbs. I would recommend you join it is free and will help you to eat a balanced diet everyday, stay within the calories suggested and you can also break it into fat, protein and carbs and see if you're over or under doing it on any of these.

Exercise sounds good. Keep it up, i'm sure results will follow soon, it all takes time.

Postby james13 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:28 am

you seem to be eating a very healthy diet. what you don't say is how much exercise you are doing. weight bearing exercises such as lifting weights adds muscle to your body which in turn burns more calories than just cardio exercises. i recommend checking your portion sizes and increasing the amount of exercise you per week.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed from signature.

Postby Phat-Beth » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Agreed with James, how much working out are you doing?

It sounds like you're keeping your meals small, spaced evenly, and nutrient rich with some healthy snacks thrown in, which I think is definitely the right idea. Let us know how it works!

Postby thejohnphenomenon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:53 pm

I am male, 20 years old, height is about 5'8'' or 5'9'' and I weigh around 200 pounds.

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:23 am

If it's really been 2 months of eating those kinds of foods and doing regular exercise and you're not seeing ANY change...

then eat less.

All those foods you listed are healthy but if you're eating too much of them you still won't lose weight. You say you're snacking often on fruits/salads between meals. Try eating just 1 peice of fruit between meals instead... and make your portion sizes smaller at meal times too.

Postby AbelAbbot » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 pm

I believe that eating well is an important part of maintaining good health and can help us feel our best. Drink lots of water because it helps fill us up faster. Eat less carbs and more fiber and breakfast is the most important meal of the day so don't skip it! Eat Veggies.

Return to Weight loss Talk