It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Alterations are in order!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Alterations are in order!

Postby mermaid688 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to get some tips for how to alter my current diet and exercise plan to maximise results.
I am currently 70kg and would like to get down to 60kg.
In the past two weeks, for exercise I have been walking 30mins a day and also taking part in the couch to 5km program (30 mins per day, starting from week 1). I also do about 50 crunches, 50 bicep curls and 40 squats a day.

Food-wise, here is what i have been eating daily:
(please note I am a vegetarian)

Breakfast:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond milk
handful of berries
1 tbsp honey
green tea

Lunch:
2 slices rye/wholemeal bread
1/4 of a medium avocado
1 slice fat-reduced cheddar cheese
- a little bit of 98% fat free mayo
- assorted salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber etc.)
green tea

Snack:
-Coffee (with milk), piece of fruit

Dinner
-Omelette with 4 egg whites and 2 yolks and mushrooms, plus salad
or
-baked pumpkin, zucchini, carrot + 1 tbsp light sour cream + portion of tofu

Although I am seeing basic results, they are limited compared to when I previously cut out carbs and increased protein in my diet, though exercised less.
Would you suggest that I increase the amount of exercise I do, or focus on changing my diet / removing carbs?

TIA! :)
mermaid688

Re: Alterations are in order!

Postby Grapefruit » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:02 am

Well, I am a big foodie...love my food and I am just not happy when I have to restrict myself to much or cut out the things I really love. I eat chocolate everyday, even if it is only 2-4 squares, it is my vice. Luckily for me i LOVE to exercise, so I step it up with my exercise so that I can enjoy the foods I like. Don't get me wrong, I do eat very healthy, it is just the daily choc, but I also love my carbs, so 95% of what I eat are good foods. I lost my initial 5-6kgs doing no exercise and I wasn't being too restricting. I decided I did not want to be anymore restrictive than what I was being so got back into my exercise.

I would estimate I eat 1500-1800 calories a day, but I also do 3 times a week 1 hour of crossfit and 3 times a week 40mins of skipping and cross trainer. I also have an 'on the go' job. So I would prob burn 400-600 calories a day for the 6 days I workout, leaving my net calories roughly 1300 daily as an estimate. I am still losing weight though it is a slow process, but I don't mind because I am very happy doing what I am doing, not at all deprived and full of energy. Much better for me than feeling cranky, deprived and unmotivated which is how I feel as soon as I cut my calories way back!

You have to find what works for you though, we are all different, however more exercise and less dietary restrictions is what works for me :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Return to Weight loss Talk