It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

I'm fat. Is this my natural body type? Should I even bother?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm fat. Is this my natural body type? Should I even bother?

Postby thejohnphenomenon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 pm

I've read lots of articles (ok, I saw an episode of Penn and Teller Bullshit) and from these articles, I've learned that some people are "naturally fat" i.e. they are genetically fat. And they're "natural" body type is to be fat, in the same way that some people are naturally skinny (they can eat three times as much as most people and not gain a single pound.) I think I fall under this category (the genetically fat people not the skinny ones). My dad and his siblings are fat, my mom and her siblings are fat, and I've been fat ever since I was in 1st grade. The only exception is my brother who can eat Wendy's daily and inexplicably still have a ripped physique. I tried several times during my life to lose weight, even under the supervision of a pediatrician, but it never happened. The only time I lost weight was when I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism when I lost a total of 70 pounds! I was treated for it, and I as I became better, I began to gain back the weight, despite my efforts to keep it down. In a span of 7 years, I've lost 60-70 pounds, and gained it back. When I asked my thyroid doctor if it's possible that this has happened because I'm returning to my natural body, he said yes. By the way, I am now in remission of my disease. So, I'm just wondering, should I even bother to try to lose weight? I've been serious about it for a few months now, but I've seen zero results. You can check out my other posts to better understand my diet and exercise regimen. I know that it's not impossible for people like me to lose weight, it just seems that it requires more effort and I'm not sure if it's worth it. I don't even want to lose weight that badly, I'm just disgusted at myself every time I look in the mirror. I suppose it's just a body image thing that I need to overcome. I don't care about my health. I'd rather die at 60, eating whatever I want, than living to be 100 but eating healthy.
thejohnphenomenon

Re: I'm fat. Is this my natural body type? Should I even bot

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm

"...I don't care about my health. I'd rather die at 60, eating whatever I want, than living to be 100 but eating healthy."

Ah, the follies of youth. I'd bet my life that you'd have an entirely different opinion when you hit 60 and realise that you really WOULD try anything to just live a few more years longer.
CronicBadger

Postby Grapefruit » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm not a Dr so cannot really comment, but I do think it is possible for just about anyone to lose weight.

I think a big driving factor should be wanting to nourish your body with good foods, being active to be fit and healthy and to have more energy. If these are not things you care about then that makes me really sad because it would mean you have no self worth or self love :( Everyone deserves to be loved by themselves.

Food seems to be the hardest part of weight loss for most people (myself included) and what has worked for me has been to find physical activities that I really enjoy, keeps me motivated, set goals to become better and then that way you can indulge in moderation without gaining weight.

How about enlisting the help of a PT for an exercise program that is suited to you, as well as nutritional advice? PT's are the best when it comes to motivation and goals.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby Weight Secrets » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 am

Anyone can lose weight no matter what size...A lot of it has to do with knowledge and having a good program to follow..It is very hard to lose weight on your own and most of the time people fail trying it by themselves...

You have to have a good nutrition/exercise program...There are really bad programs and good programs out today...I am going to give you two programs that I highly recommend as they have helped me and many others lose weight in the past: [Commercial links removed]

Let me know if you have any questions
Last edited by CronicBadger on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sig containing link.
Weight Secrets

Postby Carley » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:17 pm

CronicBadger wrote:"...I don't care about my health. I'd rather die at 60, eating whatever I want, than living to be 100 but eating healthy."

Ah, the follies of youth. I'd bet my life that you'd have an entirely different opinion when you hit 60 and realise that you really WOULD try anything to just live a few more years longer.

I completely agree, i'm going to see your other posts so I can reply.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Return to Weight loss Talk