It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Free Newsletter

Banned from the gym :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Banned from the gym :(

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:26 am

I've had a sore throat all week and this morning i woke up feeling like everytime i swollowed i was swollowing glass. So i went to the doctor this morning as im prone to tonsilitis and i was right i have it again :( last time i had tonsilitis it turned into bronchitis and i was having coughing fits for two weeks so this time he gave me kids liquid medicine so it didnt hurt so much to swollow (why are tonsilitis tablets always the biggest tablets youve ever seen?) and has banned me from the gym till next week because he says ive probably been over doing it and need to rest. So weekends plans are cancelled, but i guess the good thing is i cant swollow so im not going to go and pig out on anything!
Oh and while i was there he suggested a book by Dr Tickle called the Great Australian Diet, he says from a doctors point of view its a great diet.
Have a good weekend everyone :)
Jisgone

Postby slimmindown » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:30 am

Jewles, that sounds painful. I had my tonsils out at 21, because of recurrent bouts of tonsilitis, so can sympathise a little. :(
diet jelly and custard is great, cool and nice :D

Hope you are feeling better soon,the gym can wait, look after yourself first :)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:32 am

Ohh now you mention diet jelly i went to IGA yesterday to look for it and i couldnt find any! who makes it? i might try woolies later on today
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:52 am

hi jewles

i dont know much about dr tickell only that he is on overhaul lol. but different dr's recommend different things. they actually have scouts (these diet companies) who go out to dr's and talk about their different programmes and some dr's then refer their patients to one or the other. but let us know how you go :)

tonsilitis. errr... im prone to it too. cant get my tonsils out though because i dont get it more than 3 times a year. you are right, the penicillin tablets are massive. especially when your throat is basically closed up because its that swollen. i always find that warm drinks- like hot milo or tea helps to ease the pain. or try cup a soups :)

feel better soon :(
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:00 pm

Jewles, I usually buy aeroplane jelly, diet lime is my fav :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:15 pm

ooh yeah tonsillitis sucks, I got it when I was in Ireland last year, and didn't want to pay for a doctor, so I went with the "ignore it and hope it goes away" approach.

ended up with such swollen glands in my neck it looked like i had swallowed a golf ball, and then i passed out at work...

went to the doctor that day, got antibiotics, and the lovely miracle tablets cured me! hehe :)

its important to take it easy, keep your fluids up, eat jelly (and low fat/low GI icecream, bulla make a good one that isnt too many calories) and get better!
Mandie

Postby Hayley » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Oh dear Jewles, Tonsilitis is horrible - thankfully I haven't had it for a year! Take the doctors advice - rest! And keep your fluids up, even though it's painful to swallow.

My thoughts are with you xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby carla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:47 pm

Mucho sympathies Jewles!

If you haven't already tried this, and are not allergic to it (or have other medical issues related to blood-clotting), try gargling a couple of dissolved aspirin for about 30 seconds prior to swallowing them. I have found aspirin to be the most effective analgesic for sore throat.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:54 pm

oh and cepacol from the chemist - its an antiseptic mouthwash helps too :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Oh Jewles it does sound painful. I have never had tonsilitis so I really have no idea but throat things are the worst and make you so tired too.

Take care of yourself and do as the doc says. Hope you feel better soon.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:01 pm

I dont think ill bother with the book, i seem to be doing ok as i am so no point shaking things up considering ive got a routine going. Im not a huge soup fan but im all for jelly and custard and the hot drinks sound like a good idea too, lucky i bought some of the bulla low gi icecream yesterday! yum
Last time i ignored my tonsilitis i got bronchitis, which was even less fun! and the rest of my faily didnt appreciate the coughing fits in the middle of the night either :lol:
I got some anti-inflammatory, anaesthetic and antibacterial lozenges at the chemist yesterday in my attempts at avoiding a doctors visit but all they do is make the roof of my mouth numb! My medicine is yummy, sugar free raspberry flavoured, i have had this stuff since i got tonsilitis as a kid :P
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:24 am

Hope you are feeling better soon Jewels...I hate tonsillitis with a passion, but I refuse to get them out!! (I am a big sook) you have already been given all the advice you need mate, so just rest up and get well soon!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:20 am

I hate tonsilitis! It feels terrible. Feel better soon Jewels! :lol:
Kylie

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:05 am

Huggles to u jewles . Hope you are on the mend soon
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby MissE » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:19 pm

you poor thing! i hope you feel better soon. i know how you feel about not being able to exercise, i have blisters the size of 20 cent coins and literally cannot wear shoes at the moment :(
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk