It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

Free Newsletter

Favourite Workout Music?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Favourite Workout Music?

Postby CherryB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:49 am

When I arrive at the gym and dip my fingers into my bag, there is nothing worse than thinking I've forgotten my iPod! I wrestle with the bag enough to work up a pre-workout sweat and whilst that horrible rush comes over me, I am finally relieved when I pull out that tiny little thing! It's like "phew!" because I seriously CANNOT do a workout without my little pink iPod and some big quality headphones. It's like arriving at a shopping centre with no clothes... Annnnyway...

My favourite workout music is tribal house and tribal energy, or any dance with African type beats. For me the workout is all about the beat and bass.

What is your favourite workout music?
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi.
CherryB

Re: Favourite Workout Music?

Postby amberawesome » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 am

I forgot my iPod once ever. It was hell without it! I never realised how much I need my music to get me going.

I have several gym playlists depending on the workout I'm doing for that day (I go 6 days a week).

Weight training days: I NEED my heaviest death metal and punk that I own and even Skrillex.

Cardio days: I call this playlist 'glad musik' (happy music in my language). It's music that makes me feel good. Happy punk-rock, Swedish summer songs and I hate to admit it, but girly music like Katy Perry (I am terribly ashamed of that, but I'm aiming towards a body like hers!)

Warm-up before my PT kills me: I use my 'angry musik'. Metal bands like Devil Driver, Five Finger Death Punch and Slipknot etc. Songs that make me angry haha.

Cool down music: usually consists of Beethoven, Chopin and Mozart.
amberawesome

Postby CherryB » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi Amber,

Haha, love your extensive collections! Well, I had my iPod stolen last week and all my good work-out music is now in the hands of one proud little thief. :( So I'll buy one soon again but until then it will be the sad typical gym sounds (like that annoying weight lifter who has to make a hooting sound every time they lift or that noisy duo who workout together and everyone can hear them!).

I never thought of using classical as cool down music but that's such a good idea! Sometimes I do like a hard work out listening rock (I use to love Slipknot back in the day!) so that would be The Darkness, Limp Bizkit or Korn but I always tend to go for the tribal dance and now a little deep-tech house.

Thanks for your reply!

Cherie.
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi.
CherryB

Postby mitchymitch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Hey cherry,

Obv. everyones music tastes are different, it also depends what you are actually doing at the gym. With me its heavy weights so i find music that is quite slow with heavy bass lines get me into the zone i need to be in to put in 100%

A sample of my music is a good mix of hip hop and vocal trance

Eg:
(bolds are must haves imo)
vocal trance:
Yves Larock - Rise Up
Kryptonite (I'm On It) - Purple Ribbon All-Stars ft. Big Boi & Killa Mike
Dj Antoine - This Time (Klaas Remix) www.extramuza.net
Act like you know - Nero
MSTRKRFT - Heartbreaker (ft. John Legend)(Wolfgang Gartner remix)
One-Your-Name
Mt Eden DnB (HD) - When will the storm begin
DJ Fresh - Hypercaine (Radio Edit)
Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge - Faces (feat Meighan Nealon)
Airwave vs Rising Star - Sunspot (DCML Mix)
Chris Decay - Give It To Me (Decay Special Mix)www.livingelectro.com
Stefano Prada & Streamrocker - To The Moon & Back (Dj Vaven Remix)

Hip Hop:
Ludacris - Get Back
Archie Eversole ft.Rasheeda,Pastor Troy, Bubba Sparx-We Ready Remix
05 It's My Time (Feat. Jermih)
Kryptonite (I'm On It) - Purple Ribbon All-Stars ft. Big Boi & Killa Mike
Roy Jones Jr.- Can't be touched
Demons (Feat. Three 6 Mafia)

BoB-Beast_Mode-2dope
Eminem - No Love

THis is not the full list but a good sample of what gets me revving and destrying the gym :D
My BFL Challenge M, 23, 186cm
Started 18/10/10
-----------------------------
SW: 98.8kgs
CW: 86.5kgs (27/11/11)
GW: 83Kgs By 1/1/12
Wight Loss So Far: 12.5kgs
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby CherryB » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:29 am

Hey Mitch,

That sounds like a good mix of music! I'll check out some of the tunes, especially the trance which I find can be good to work out to as well.

I've never worked out to hip-hop, that would be different for me (I'd picture it with boxing or something!). I need to add more to my play list anyway, probably too much house music!

Also I noticed on your signature that you're nearly at your ideal weight. Congratulations! That's fantastic. :)

Cherie.
CherryB

Postby Lilly88 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I really have to get back into doing some exercise but the best music I find is ACDC.
I find it really gets my head in the right place and if I have it loud enough it takes my mind off the boring stuff, 'exercise'.
I am always looking for ways to keep my weight down. check out my blog http://www.ideasforweightloss.blogspot.com & http://www.squidoo.com/tips-for-dieting-and-eating-out
Lilly88

Postby journeyman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 am

Music can really lift your workout. I know the dreaded feeling when you realize you left your ipod at home! I have a basic motto for my workout music. Heavy-er music for lifting weights, and for cardio it is something with a good beat. This week, that new Rhianna song has me pumped. The beat is super fast and is awesome to push your work out harder. I've also been getting into David Guerta beats a lot lately.
journeyman

Postby Happygirl84 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:36 pm

You guys all have alot better music than me!

I will try to listen to some hip hop or rnb stuff when Im running or doing cardio. When I do weights I like to listen to 80s music or even some heavy rock stuff. Dance music can be good also!

My gym wont let you have your own ipod. Its a safety thing they say. Atleast my personal trainer has good taste in music :-)
Happygirl84

Postby SoupStar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 pm

They wont let you have your own ipod? Your kidding! I wouldn't go there! Couldn't be without mine!
SoupStar

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:29 am

I go for house and trance music every time I do my work out or when I'm walking. :D It boosts up my energy and sometimes makes me want to dance while I move. :lol:
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg
wants2loseWEIGHT

Postby kylakeeper » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I love playing rock music while doing workout or exercise.
kylakeeper

Return to Weight loss Talk